Sign in to follow this  
Raller

Green indicator G/S in the Cockpit

Hi folks!

Does anyone know what the green indicator G/S in the cockpit is for?

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

I've always assumed it is a supplementary glideslope indicator light that is a remnant of an old A.I.L.A.S. system. Could be wrong about that though.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I catched a glideslope several times but it never lit up 😟

Anyway, the lamp is nice to look at. In any case, its function check works in contrast to the gear-up indicator 😁

Edited by Raller

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Are you referring to the G/S light left of the marker beacon lights?  On most aircraft this is the G/S inhibit light/switch.

If you are dropping too far below the glideslope it comes on and by pushing this button you can inhibit this warning.

Slightly OT. Concerning your takeoff problems. Do have the sensitivity sliders at max or at least 100%?

Edited by FDEdev

28 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

If you are dropping too far below the glideslope it comes on and by pushing this button you can inhibit this warning.

It's not a switch, it's just an indicator!

8 minutes ago, Raller said:

It's not a switch, it's just an indicator!

But IRL it's usually a combined light/switch. Try dropping full scale deflection below the G/S and see if it comes on.

...but than it should be red and not green! Anyway, i'll give it a try.

It wouldn't be the first time that a color is wrong or the function is different from the RW aircraft 😉

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

It wouldn't be the first time that a color is wrong or the function is different from the RW aircraft 😉

I have checked in the model (thanks ModelConverterX), the switch only activate a timer, no other action...  And nothing else illuminates the light...

I looked also what where doing the "fluor" knobs : they set two variables "L:ASD_BE18_DUMMY_SWITCH_FLUOR_RH, bool" and "L:ASD_BE18_DUMMY_SWITCH_FLUOR_LH, bool", never used elsewhere.

So, I would like to use them to switch on/off some interior lights by adding this code in "GAUGE_BE18\Gauge_UPDATE_DIG.xml" (wing and logo lights are not used by the D18S).

<!-- Fluor Lights    -->

(L:ASD_BE18_DUMMY_SWITCH_FLUOR_RH,bool) 0 &gt; if{ (A:LIGHT LOGO, bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS) } } 
	els{ (A:LIGHT LOGO, bool)  if{ (>K:TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS) } }

(L:ASD_BE18_DUMMY_SWITCH_FLUOR_LH,bool) 0 &gt; if{ (A:LIGHT WING, bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } } 
	els{ (A:LIGHT WING, bool)  if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } }

But I need some help to find the right effect and the right positions.

At night, panel lights are way to bright and I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks

Gérard

Cool, I have always used the ModelConverterX only for repainting. I think I should take a closer look at this tool.

26 minutes ago, gaab said:

I have checked in the model (thanks ModelConverterX), the switch only activate a timer, no other action...  And nothing else illuminates the light...

...I think the timer is for when the indicator light is pressed to test it, it will pop out automatically after a short time.

28 minutes ago, Raller said:

...I think the timer is for when the indicator light is pressed to test it, it will pop out automatically after a short time.

Exactly - my explanation was a bit short ! Sorry

Everything is fine, I have to thank you for the hint with the ModelConverterX. I will use the tool more often now for modding or to find bugs 😀

PS: Just for practice: I'm just trying to find out why the light test on the gear-up indicator doesn't work!

Edited by Raller

1 hour ago, gaab said:

So, I would like to use them to switch on/off some interior lights by adding this code in "GAUGE_BE18\Gauge_UPDATE_DIG.xml" (wing and logo lights are not used by the D18S).

I don't think Carenado has divided the instrument lighting into different areas. It's probably an entire object. So it will be impossible to turn individual cockpit areas on or off.

Just now, Raller said:

I don't think Carenado has divided the instrument lighting into different areas. It's probably an entire object. So it will be impossible to turn individual cockpit areas on or off.

I have tried with aircraft.cfg [lights] 8 and 9.  I get some results but I don't succeed to position them correctly. I find it difficult to visualize them with ModelConverterX.

Do you know of any another tool do help ?