Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Jes bein' neighborly is all

In 'these difficult times' I thought it would be nice to visit our neighbours/neighbors in PNW to offer our support. We would be taking with us supplies of food, drink and of course toilet rolls. I'm hoping they would reciprocate by letting us have a jar or two of Mountain Dew.

Here's the plan:

We will split up into two groups and fly a circular route in opposite directions. Why? Why not? Two flight plans are provided, plan  A and B. There is also a flight plan for those that can't fly a broomstick without a GTN750! 🙂

At the crossover point which may ot may not coincide with an airstrip (hope so, it'll be interesting) we will collect recyclable stuff. Plastics, paper, cardboard etc. We MUST NOT allow the threat to the environment to be forgotten just because of a little old virus eh?

Aircraft: Light/STOL types, Zenith 701s, C185s, Scouts...You get the idea.

Scenery: Orbx PNW. All stops bar one (Swanson 2W3 (Orbx payware)  are farm strips.

Flight plans HERE

Particulars
•    Date and time: Mar 28, 2020  1900 UTC  (Work out your own time zone)
•    Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
•    Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
•    Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked 
here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

You too Josh.

One last thing, should you see people on the ground pointing guns at you it means they're self isolating and it's their way of saying word not allowed off!

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Here is a list of the folks we aim to help;

WA95 Skyqueen:  ALBERT MARTIN

0WA1 Dwight Field: J.M. DWIGHT

WA41 Bear canyon: ERIC EKNES

2W3 Swanson: TOWN OF EATONVILLE (Free landing for the duration of the plague. Doin' their bit to help)

39P Strom: CITY OF MORTON (Shamed by Swanson into doing the same thang)

WN74 Burnt Ridge CHUCK MILTON & SUSAN KLUDAS

WN34 Ethel Intl: Calvin Core

WN59 Kadwell Field: Ken Kadwell

WN05 Harris: DONALD D. HARRIS

KTDO Toledo=Winlock Carlson Meml: CITY OF DENTON (Stop for a pee break and for Bert to get a sandwich)

1WA2: PILOT'S PASTURES HOME OWNERS. (Lots of poor airplane owners to help out where we can)    

50WA Hartley: Hartley Corporation; Managed by Bill Hartley. (Any relation?)

0WA2 Curtis: STEVE AND JILENE FURJESI

Great idea,

just loading up a few old goatskins to help those in need of keeping warm.  ( told the old hag in the next wattle hut to make sure they have been washed in the stream & dried )

regards

Very public spirited of you Mr Brooke. Keep up the good work and we will beat this thing. Our county council has closed all the country parks. They obviously know what they're doing. :rolleyes:

just trying to do my bit,

now if we could only get " Norm " to donate a couple of gallons of maple syrup & " Gunter" to donate a few jars of sauerkraut we might be onto something good

Oh, good idea! Will load up sauerkraut and bratwurst, not to forget some (more) good german beer.....

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Weissbier, my favourite. If you could bring a few bottles of that....:wink:

ron,

I am told that it is good for clearing out the system , Be Careful ! you cannot get toilet rolls at the moment,

Weißbier is packed. No need to be afraid, it's just good for you!

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Rob comes from an area where old wives tales are gospel. :rolleyes: They also burn wicker men once a fortnight.

Dibs on the TP !! 😂
From the "all true" Facebook archives...
paper.jpg?dl=1

Green Bay, Wis., Toilet Paper Capital of the World, 7 pm March 21, 2020. 
Smokestacks suggest the mills are cranking out the TP. 
On the right under the sunset are the smokestacks of Procter & Gamble, home of Charmin, Puffs and Bounty; 
to left is Georgia Pacific, about seven miles upriver, home of Quilted Northern and Angel Soft.

And somewhere in the middle distance is Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers, 
who have been wiping the butts of the rest of the NFL for 100 years.

• Like 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Tapped a few trees today.. (did it all by myself cause and at least 2 meters away from anyone - cause we're all supposed to be practicing social distancing...(and I washed before and then after not only to pre-disinfect but because Canadian Maple Syrup is so darn sticky). Can't do a thing until you wash it off your hands! (It's meant for eating not finger painting!) 

Anyways, a few jugs of maple is ready- and ya'll should be up for a round of the best canuckian "Hot Toddy" potion that you have ever come across!! 

how-to-make-a-hot-toddy-550x378.jpg

Just tinker with the amount of lemon juice and maple syrup and honey until it suits your taste buds. I’ve provided some guidelines in the recipe below. I think you’ll be surprised by how much an extra teaspoon of lemon juice, maple syrup or honey changes the flavor to create a silky smooth hot toddy that is good to cure just about anything. (And one a day keeps the doctor away just like that (Granny Smith) apple!)

If you order a hot toddy at a bar, (in Canada) you’ll probably receive a whiskey drink. (But not for a bit cause their all closed up due to a virus going around). BUT you can do it home - Any good whiskey will do—I’ve enjoyed hot toddies made with Bulleit Rye, Jameson, and Wiser’s but it's the maple syrup and honey mix that makes a special concoction which is good for anything and if you don't have anything-well it's good for that too!.

If you prefer, you can make your own hot toddy with dark rum or brandy. but whiskey is the preferred germ killer. You’ll find more ways to change up the drink in my recipe notes: But it's good for anything we know about.

Hot Toddy - Recipe # 19.

1. Simmer water >> Hot Water

2. Add your fav Whiskey

3. Add Canuckian Maple Syrup (tapped by Norm) (Made from the xylem sap of the Canadian Sugar maple tree). (Content is at least 66% sugar and stored in a glass jar or glass container).

4. Add a squirt of Honey (Pure/Organic Canadian Billy Bee Honey made by bees that are at least 85% Canadian). (Make sure you get the container with the NO-mess cap!)

5. Add Lemon Juice (Has to be freshly "squeezed" from a live lemon! (not fake lemon juice squirted from a plastic container!)

6. Stir. And test taste

Not Sweet Enough? > Add one more teaspoon of Canadian Maple Syrup and add half a teaspoon of Canadian Billy Bee Honey.)

Not Enough Zing? > Add one more teaspoon of freshly squeezed Lemon Juice.

7. Garnish with a fresh lemon slice.

8. Add one Cinnamon Stick - stir gently.

< Clink>

A mug a day is reported to help reduce cold symptoms and may hold other germs at bay. (Fingers crossed!)

classic-hot-toddy-recipe-2-550x824.jpg

And it goes great with sauerkraut and bratwurst! (bonus!)

(Don't mind me - too much time and no where to go!)

Edited by nbrich1

Great job Norm,

then I thought something is missing?   we need to wash it all down, so tried to contact Mike & was told he was @ his " MOONSHINE STILL " deep in the woods of north carolina.

Perhaps he is makeing a special brew. ( If we can!t drink it we could use it for aircraft fuel to make sure we complete the flight.)

Must go now as two men in white coats are takeing me back to the asylum, will try to escape again by saturday.

regards

Seems we are well prepared for this flight.

I volunteer for taking route A.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

news just sent to my "stonepad"  ( I-PAD made of concrete ) "     SPOKES" doing an arial survey of the route  in his Tigermoth was chased by police helicopters & a  F16 FALCON

however once he gave them the slip it is alledged he contacted Geoff  who is arranging through his contacts with the "POTUS" office to smuggle him into Canada where BERT  is arranging

for him to be hidden in the Kitimat Mountains @ Dougs Outfitters Lakes End ( PF29 )

I am with you Gunter  Route A it is.