Sign in to follow this  
PLund

Issues with FS2Crew and online flying

Hi all,

I am have some issues when flying online on Vatsim and using FS2Crew.
I have selected Noise Suppression in Sound Manager, but are still expericing that ATC communication override my commands and won´t regonise them until there is a quiet moment.

When flying I got P3D coming out of my speakers aswell as FS2Crew and all ATC communication is played in my headset. I have also tried to turn down the mic volume, but then I am low on voice.

I am using a HyperX headset.

Any suggestions how to solve the issue ?

Edited by PLund
  • Like 1

Best regards

Peter Lund

Hi Bryan,

Correct, then ATC or other pilots speaks FS2Crew picks up their speech (the text voice bar comes up).

I have tried to locate the mic sensitivity on the Speech Recognition panel, but are unable to find it.

Best regards

Peter Lund

1 hour ago, PLund said:

Hi Bryan,

Correct, then ATC or other pilots speaks FS2Crew picks up their speech (the text voice bar comes up).

I have tried to locate the mic sensitivity on the Speech Recognition panel, but are unable to find it.

Try this to adjust the sensitivity:

Hi Bryan,
Thanks, I have tried lowering the mic sensitivity and in the start it looked good.
Unforunately on my flight yesterday the problem came back even with the sensitivity lowered to 50 %.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Hi Bryan,

Unfortunately when I lower the sensitivity setting I also lower the mike input and the FS2Crew don´t hear me.

I have tried changing the volume and also boosting it with low setting without luck.

Best regards

Peter Lund

FS2Crew is designed so if the speech recognition incorrectly picks up words due to ambient background noise, it generally shouldn't act on the word in most cases.

That's why we tie a lot of commands and checklists to "modes".

This way if the system hears "gear down" in cruise, it won't actually drop your gear.

However, what I might suggest in your case is using Hard Mute...  Keep Hard Mute on... only turn it off when you want to talk.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks.

Hard mute won´t solve the issue I got and I am using hard mute from time to time.

A scenario could be the following:

I am established on an ILS approach with approach covering both TWR and APP. During the final approach I want to run the landing checklist.
Due to other communication FS2Crew won´t regonize my readback to the items as it interferred with the ATC communication (green bar activated) and have to repeat them 3-4 times before accepted.

• Like 1

Best regards

Peter Lund

Bryan I experienced exactly the same issue whenever I fly online the speech by picks up ATC as well as picking up its own sound... Have you ever considered reversing the mute button? So instead of having a push to soft mute having a binding to push to speak? that way when you speak in never picks up any background noise except for the time you want it to listen. Or at least having it as an option alongside how it is now...

then you could reverse the hard mute to be the opposite to just listen all the time for people who don’t want to push a button.

Thanks

Edited by starvip

Indeed, if there's a ton of talking in the background and the microphone picks it up, I could see that tripping up the speech recognition system.

This is why we generally also include Button Control as well since it doesn't rely on speech recognition.

Yes, we'll consider adding a Push to Talk function.  I like the idea 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, byork said:

Indeed, if there's a ton of talking in the background and the microphone picks it up, I could see that tripping up the speech recognition system.

This is why we generally also include Button Control as well since it doesn't rely on speech recognition.

Yes, we'll consider adding a Push to Talk function.  I like the idea 🙂

Bryan,

Just a simple question. I don't have speech control installed for FS2Crew, would it be possible for me to use SOP1 and SOP3 with button control only as well and if so, how can I change to either of these two SOPs. (I tried, but all the time FS2Crew sets me back to SOP2 button control).

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

>>This is why we generally also include Button Control as well since it doesn't rely on speech recognition.<<

Thanks. This line did mislead me :).

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)