Sign in to follow this  
Sprintshadow

Windows animations issue after pushback preview

Hi everyone, first off I would like to congratulate the FS2Crew team for the great tool they developed UGCX, it's been a must for every flight I take and I must say the last update was really grand. However, I have noticed a weird behavior ever since I updated to the last version 1.7 of UGCX. When I preview my pushback route it forces me to a 2D Top-Down view of my aircraft which I really don't want to since sometimes having a heavy scenery and some decent amount of traffic can take it's toll on my CPU however as long as I don't load my aircraft external view the CPU and disk usage are within normal levels (I run P3Dv4.5 in well over 25 fps) so if I want to preview my route I am forced to go into external top-down view that load my external aircraft view and deteriorate my fps, yet that's not my main issue. After I check my pushback route and make sure everything is fine, if I use anything that words with windows explorer (explorer.exe) it gets drastically lagged. It's like typing, scrolling, task bar, any sort of windows UI animation is working in less that 1 fps. I tried restarting my explorer.exe many times but it's still the same (CPU usage at 75% and disk usage at 6%). It gets super frustrating because of how I use my pc to get work done during cruise but now I can't get anything done. PS: only windows animation that gets lagged out, the sim is working pretty smooth, every other application I have running is still super smooth as usual. This only happens when I start using the preview pushback option, otherwise everything is working well (including the windows animations). I'm running P3Dv4.5 on windows 10, aircraft used is PMDG 777. I really hope this gets figured out soon because, given the current situation, I need to get a lot of work done from home. Thank you, stay safe everyone. 

Riad Mohamed.

23 hours ago, Sprintshadow said:

Hi everyone, first off I would like to congratulate the FS2Crew team for the great tool they developed UGCX

Thank you!!! it's always good to see good comments about our tool. It maybe not perfect, but we will continue improving it with each day.

When I preview my pushback route it forces me to a 2D Top-Down view of my aircraft which I really don't want to since sometimes having a heavy scenery and some decent amount of traffic can take it's toll on my CPU however as long as I don't load my aircraft external view the CPU and disk usage are within normal levels

I see, and understand. At this moment we are developing an user option to have the 2D top-down view in the simulation turn on/off so users having issues with this new feature doesn't get affected.

We currently have a hot fix/update that is almost ready, but with new posts from users we are adding last minute fixes so when we release we could have a fix for almost everything posted on the forums.

After I check my pushback route and make sure everything is fine, if I use anything that words with windows explorer (explorer.exe) it gets drastically lagged. It's like typing, scrolling, task bar, any sort of windows UI animation is working in less that 1 fps. I tried restarting my explorer.exe many times but it's still the same (CPU usage at 75% and disk usage at 6%). It gets super frustrating because of how I use my pc to get work done during cruise but now I can't get anything done.

Well this is new....hummm...we would need to test that feature under those conditions to see what is wrong with it. I guess that's with Windows animation on windows, can you tell us which desktop's theme are you using so we can try it out with it?

Manuel

spacer.png

Hi Manuel, 

I am not sure if I use the Windows Aero theme but I did check the settings and it was the default windows theme but with custom backgrounds hence it says "Custom" but I did not change any themes since I had windows 10 installed.

Also I did some recent flight where I did NOT trigger the preview pushback option and everything went smooth so I've narrowed it down to that 2D display causing issues (since previously with the airport layout everything was still working normally). 

If there is anything else you guys would need (log files, settings, specs) just tell me and I'll provide them straight away.

Thank you!!! it's always good to see good comments about our tool. It maybe not perfect, but we will continue improving it with each day.

Well you need to break few eggs to make the cake right ? UGCX has really changed my sim experience and it's perfectly fine if it has few bugs with new updates, I'd be more than glad to help.

Riad Mohamed.

3 hours ago, Sprintshadow said:

I am not sure if I use the Windows Aero theme but I did check the settings and it was the default windows theme but with custom backgrounds hence it says "Custom" but I did not change any themes since I had windows 10 installed.

I plugged the last updates to another PC, and now I get that you are saying...weird Windows animations after the 2D top-down view is being triggered. Now! I can track down the code to see what happens. I have exactly your same issue. I'm in the hunt of what happened

If there is anything else you guys would need (log files, settings, specs) just tell me and I'll provide them straight away.

Thanks, I will ask you for them if I need them....since I reproduced your same scenerio, I can go over and hunt the issue.

Well you need to break few eggs to make the cake right ? UGCX has really changed my sim experience and it's perfectly fine if it has few bugs with new updates, I'd be more than glad to help.

Thank you!....this small comment give us energy, motivation and fuel for adding more stuff and hunting down these bugs. Thank you again, it's always good to read comments like these. We know our tool is not perfect as the competition, but we will be making it more powerful with each day.

Cheers,

Manuel

• Like 2

spacer.png

This will be solved with the new update we are almost ready to release. The issue were the long custom route names, this was causing all sort of weird behaivors not only on P3D but on Windows itself. I got them too, but after the fixes we made to the update, we have on here, seems to be solved.

Cheers,

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

Hi guys, is there any hot fix coming for this ? or even something I can do on my PC when this effect takes place in order to fix it (even if momentarily) ?

Yes, the v1.8 is done as we speak now, and this weekend (tommorrow or sunday) will be available to the public

• Like 1

spacer.png

Hey,

I have been working on this issue, it's really a nasty one, since it happens sometimes and others not. I has been doing more research on the subject, and found a possible solution to it, you may help us testing it prior releasing next version to ensure this is fixed. To be honest, I reproduced this issue and sometimes it works without issue. But since last modification I did last night, I need more testing to ensure it's finally solved. To help us testing it, you will need to send a ticket to Bryan, so he can send it over the last version (with the modification I did last night).

I have two computers one with Windows7 (with the Aero theme DISABLED)...and I has never this kind of issue with UGCX v1.7,1.8 neither 1.9. But I has another PC which has Windows 10 installed with an Aero theme ENABLED....THIS is where I have the issue you reported, sometimes Windows has freshing/painting another application windows not working right. But most of the time under this PC it works fine, I don't know if yin your side it happens ALL the time you trigger the top-down view, that's why it would be nice if you could help us testing it so we can ensure the last modifications I did last night works or not.

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Hi Manuel, sorry for the late reply. Sure thing, I would be glad to assist! The last time it had happened was when I opted for a User defined pushback then the view switched to external, I pressed the X button on the airport layout window (it was minimised) and then it started to lag. However, I found this last night, that if the windows screen blacked out (when you don't do anything long enough for the display to turn off) it may gets resolved. I'm yet to test it but I will next time I fly. I think Byork sent me a message so I will reply to him, thank you.

Yes, this problem, seems to be a kinda difficult to catch. But after my research,I found that we are doing something wrong when the top-down view exits, I mean, I know we are doing something wrong, but the reason of what was...I think I found it in an article from an IT guy in the internet. So I implemented that solution but we wont be 100% sure until we and users having same issue test it.

Manuel

spacer.png

Yeah most certainly, I did reply to byork and he said he'll send me a copy to test once you guys get it ready. I'm currently conducting a flight and when it's done and I'll try to make sure if turning off the display will fix it, it will be around 0100z and 0200z tomorrow (6/4/2020) early morning. I do however suggest that maybe you disable it in hotfix until we get it sorted out, or at least the option to disable (external view and long name saving) it in the user menu as a temp fix.

Riad Mohamed.