Sign in to follow this  
boeingcorp

3rd Party Software on release?

does anybody know or think what 3rd party software will be available when MSFS is release? i love the Coronado aircraft especially the PC12. thanks

Nobody knows exactly what will be released.

We do know "The SDK is now being used by over 50 companies and hundreds of programmers and artists. We have spent time listening, discussing and learning from our 3rd party developers, and we are working closely with them to keep improving the tools. The new aircraft editor is close to being finished with several improvements to the workflow. "

And from an older audio interview they also stated some devs are onsite.

Edited by GlideBy
  • Upvote 1

Knowing what we do from past updates, I would say it's actually kinda likely we will see something on release or pretty soon after. May not be something big, but I think there will be some quick releases.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I'm unsure about the size of the 3rd party market for MSFS. I see a decent market for aircraft, but everything else is highly dependent on the base quality of the sim.  The buildings at most large airports look pretty good from the preview videos so any improvement by 3rd parties will be based on the availability of higher quality photorealistic textures.

It's way too early to speculate about weather, ATC and other add-ons. I suspect that AIG will port all their AI work to MSFS if possible which basically will limit that market for payware add-ons. AIG certainly has enough time to work on the porting, given that they have suspended new schedule development for the summer 2020 period.

SDK UPDATE

The SDK is now being used by over 50 companies and hundreds of programmers and artists. We have spent time listening, discussing and learning from our 3rd party developers, and we are working closely with them to keep improving the tools. The new aircraft editor is close to being finished with several improvements to the workflow. We also made lots of progress on WebAssembly support, which is the technology that will allow the porting of native code to our platform. We are excited to share what we developed with our partners within the next few weeks.

Several 3rd parties have started to share the roadmaps with us and we happy to report that dozens of planes and airports are in development and we are hopeful that quite a few of them will be ready by the time our new simulator is released.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm unsure about the size of the 3rd party market for MSFS. I see a decent market for aircraft, but everything else is highly dependent on the base quality of the sim.  The buildings at most large airports look pretty good from the preview videos so any improvement by 3rd parties will be based on the availability of higher quality photorealistic textures.

Speaking of those 80+ detailed airports. I think some of them will be modeled payware quality. Then there will be those, who are insane for default quality, but with room for impovement. All the rest is also great for default, with somewhat accurate shapes, but will certainly be in need of payware attention.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 hours ago, boeingcorp said:

i agree there is a lot of money to be made for the 3rd party software company's

Only if the 3rd party software companies manage to remain viable and in business...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, tweekz said:

Speaking of those 80+ detailed airports.

I mean, that's already way more airports than I own.

If those are decent quality (appear to be) that would be like a $1600 value. And that's assuming they're all priced at a very reasonable $20 (in the current scenery market this is reasonable, still expen$ive imo). I mean hello? Has anyone seen the value here already?! Crazy what you can do with a proper dev team.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

19 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

I mean, that's already way more airports than I own.

Haha... that's true for me as well. The question is, if it are those you care about.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved