Sign in to follow this  
GerryJ01

Carenado PA42 starts when battery is switched on

Carenado PA42 Cheyenne III starts as soon as battery switch is turned on

With all other switches off including Starter/Generator, Ignition, Fuel Pump, not so much as a dome light, as soon as you switch on the Battery Master switch you hear the turbines winding up and both engines try to start. If the Condition Levers aren’t fully at Stop, both engines start in seconds and it takes off like a rocket. On my first attempt the axis on my Saitek X52 Pro that I’m using for the condition lever wasn’t calibrated, so it was at 1% and that was enough for both engines to roar to life. The only work around I’ve come up with is to skip the preflight and have everything set up for start before switching the battery on.

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

Never read about this weird problem before. Did you use the cold and dark menu option and have you confirmed it?

Which sim?

Edited by FDEdev

Thanks for the reply, the cold & dark option works. When I initially load the aircraft without changing anything (i.e. no selection on the engine setup window), the condition levers are both at 40% (regardless of where they were left previously), and the start on battery master behavior occurs. If I don't pull the condition levers to 0 the engines start. If I pull them to 0 they cycle over and over trying to start. If I use the engine setup menu and choose cold & dark it's ok. I'm using P3D version 4.5.12.30293. Is there a way to default to cold & dark?

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

I'm experiencing another similar problem, but only in P3D and then only with newer aircraft or newer P3D versions, can't remember when I noticed it first. 

The aircraft always loads with the engines running, but they immediately shut down. Never seen or read about this dry-motoring, self-starting problem before.

Maybe a re-install with all anti-virus program disabled helps. Have you restarted the PC after installing the Cheyenne?

6 hours ago, GerryJ01 said:

I'm using P3D version 4.5.12.30293

Hi, Gerry.  I'd suggest installing the hotfix2:  4.5.13.32097, just to make sure the sim works as it should.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Question to both of you experiencing this (similar) issue.  When you load the respective aircraft(s), from what state are you coming?  From the Start menu? From a default flight? from another aircraft?  Do not see that either of you mentioned...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I updated the P3D client to 4.5.13.32097, same behavior. This occurs whether I load my default flight or use the scenario start menu for a completely different scenario. If I don't hit Cold & Dark cockpit before turning on the battery switch it tries to start, every time. I've even tried hitting Cold & Dark, turn the battery switch on to confirm it's not going to try to start, then reload the same aircraft, and it does it again.

The exception is if I load an aircraft from Bill's Carenado PA42 Cheyenne IIIA Mod v1.2. The condition levers still load up at 40%, but turning on the battery switch doesn't start the aircraft.

I'm good with using cold & dark for startup or Bill's mod.

Thanks for the help.

Back in the day, A2A’s B17 would load with all systems/engines running.

To start with all systems / engines off, I had to load the Cessna 172 , turn everything off and save it as the default flight.

Have you done something like that in the past that are now causing conflict?

just a thought 

Luke Pype