Sign in to follow this  
ols500

Can you add an FMC to 737-200

Can you add an FMC to 737-200

Please??

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

Reading the Milviz 737 Support Forum, it appears that the FSX version of the in-house FMC had a lot of issues (I never experienced those issues in FSX).

Milviz reportedly did not have the source code to update the FMS to 64 bit for P3D v4 and eliminated this feature (as well as the Sperry 177) when the 732 was recompiled for 64 bit.

I have tried to install the ISG Smiths FMS with limited success...there is room in the virtual cockpit to do this:

In my panel cfg file, I've made the following changes:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=GPS
Window02=Radio Stack
Window03=ISG Smiths FMS

[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=150,450
window_size_ratio=1.000  
position=0
visible=0
ident=4012
window_size= 0.150, 0.450
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=ISG1!SMITHS_FMS,  0,0,150,450

[Vcockpit22]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$B737_FreeSpace

//gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,  0,0,407,339
gauge00=ISG1!SMITHS_FMS,  10,0,390,480,VC
gauge01=ISG!Server, 1,1,1,1
gauge02=isg1!LNAV, 195,480,30,30,VC

In the ISG Folder, I've also made the entry into the isg.cfg file:

ResetApHdg=1

That being said, the lateral navigation tracking is inconsistent with this set-up and needs "heading corrections" to keep it on course...something I assume is in conflict with the Milviz native gauges.

For me, there were several faults introduced with the Milviz 732 in the upgrade to P3D v4...outstanding issues with the Flight Director and Fuel Flows (waiting to be resolved on their Support Forum) as well as nose wheel steering only works with the rudder...these have been immersion killers for me and the Milviz 732 remains hangared. (These issues reported here 2 years ago.)

It's really too bad...this was a terrific aircraft in FSX with VC visuals that have held up reasonably well by today's standards.

Rob

So have they stopped updating the aicraft, when there are still bugs? Seems like I might of wasted £28...

Thanks Rob, I'll have a look into that Smiths FMS. 

Ollie.

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

It is true the conversion to P3D bugged the flight director. We are looking into it.

(We added the WX weather radar + RealLight & TrueGlass in the revised P3D v4 version if that's any consolation for the lack of FMS)

Please contact me [kat at milviz dot com] for registration information.
If you require access to a support forum please provide proof of purchase plus your preferred forum user name.