Greetings!!

Can anyone point me to a 3rd party utility that will Audibly call out the  fixes "names" and "DME distance" shown on the Approach plates? I would find this extremely useful in LOC/DME approaches. eg ; KSAN Rwy 27 LOC approach

Best Regards

Hari

Umm, why can’t you just look at the DME readout?

A call out would only tell you what you can see on the screen right in front of you?

Luke Pype

MaDDogz,

I do see it in front of me in small text and I do look at it very frequently  BUT I am also  jugging the VS , Altitude Sel/Hold and Speed so frequently to be slow enough during descent and above ALT thresholds that by the time I finish tuning the knobs , I have passed the fix and then i am rushing to readjust speed, VS,  ALT before the next Fix, So my personal preference was to seek a utility that would mitigate my frantic knob twirling by letting me know in advance how much distance i have left BEFORE next fix and the the next set of knob twirling. That just me I guess with my fat fingers 😂

thanks for asking 

Best regards

hari