Sign in to follow this  
abbasalavi

CAS alerts on PFD

Hi everyone,

just wanted to confirm if cas messages show on the pop up pfd.  I went through the mindstar website and it mentions alerts in the feature list.  I couldn’t find a message in the forum on anyone having a similar issue so decided to post.  I have the carenado phenom 300 and p3d v3.  During startup cas messages should come up on the pfd.  I can see them in the virtual cockpit which has the carenado pfd.  But I don’t see the same messages in my mindstar pop up pfd.  Have I made some mistake in configuring the pop up panel? 

Regards, 

Ali 

How the G1000 behaves is airframe specific.  I do not believe we have ever made a Phenom 300 version of the G1000.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response.  Just to confirm if I understand correctly, if I use the Citation profile inside a Citation aircraft (or any of the available profiles in the same aircraft) then the alert messages would work?  

Regards,

Ali

CAS messages are airframe specific... and not all airframes have CAS messages.  When you say "Citation" profile... I assume you're talking the Citation.Mustang profile... which is designed only for the Cessna Citation Mustang and would not be designed to support the Phenom 300 at all.

You are asking for support of a specific aircraft... that isn't supported in the manner you seek.  The G1000, like may complex avionics packages, are really not generic in behavior or design.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69