Sign in to follow this  
Archive1

Absent tool tips in FSX

Suddenly have lost all tool tips in FSX. Have tried the full-screen ctrl/shift (if that's the right combo to toggle full screen). And have Display Tool Tips checked with Settings. Using Win 7 BTW. 

Yes, can do just fine without them in my usual aircraft (A2A Comanche) but they come in handy with other aircraft (Alabeo Chieftain, Carenado Cheyenne III etc) as I transition.

Dunno what key I may have tweaked to lose the tips. Any suggestions?

Archive1

From windowed mode to full screen should be ALT+Enter.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did you recently update a video driver?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Charlie:Yeah, I knew I'd mention the wrong toggle combo...was away from the computer when I wrote the inquiry. Yes have tried the Alt+Enter with no help.

Frank: Nope. No changes to any drivers. Was working just fine two nights ago and then when opened up last nite, no Tool Tips,. I think must have hit some combination of keys with  my arthritic fingers...at least that's my take, which is probably wrong. Thus the request for some explanation.

(Former USAF flight surgeon, 49th Tac Fighter Wing, F-100s and 105s (the old Hun and Thud) fun 'n games in the 1960s

Archive1 

Take a look inside the cfg file to see if you can set cockpit tooltips  true/false manually 

Luke Pype

Could you have accidentally ticked the "Preview Direct X 10 " box in Display Settings?

Reader:

Yes, the "PD Direct x 10" is checked, but unchecking it makes no difference. and I think I need that activated to get the best from the scenery files I have loaded from ORBX. since I am operating with Win 7..

Maddogz:

I'm not sure which *.cfg file you are referring to. As you know, the FSX file has a number of *.cfg files  relating to a whole passel of things. Lemme know which *.cfg I should explore, please.

Appreciate the response, guys.

Archive1

OK, My bad. 

Just took up the Chieftain and everything worked just fine after setting the PD Direct 10 to unchecked. First tried the stock C 172, OK, then my beloved A2A Comanche, OK, and then the Alabeo and Carenado, aircraft...and everything was back to normal and the ORBX scenery seemed normal.

I dunno, sometimes this strange Internet world seems to have a personality and control mindset of its own that goes beyond this ancient air-mariner's ability to cope.

Sorry to have bothered you, but still respect and appreciate the response. Stay healthy.

-=Archive1=-