Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

Wing Wednesday 25 March

That could almost pass for a real photo.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This certainly looks nice, but we've seen plenty of these sunglow-and-water-reflection images now. I am afaid a lot of people are ripe for a change, say airliner cockpits, videos of procedures and such.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Or, for goodness sake, screenshots that don't have the fisheye lens effect. 

Stop zooming out. Move the camera instead; assuming the camera can be moved.

• Upvote 4

Relax guys. I think its more a thing for the actual alpha testers to get a little limelight and a sense of accomplishment.  Let's not get too critical. 

Wings Wednesdays...Not cockpit/airliner/procedures day...however Im not against a cockpit/Airport Friday😋

• Like 1

Enough with Wing Wednesday, when will we see Mixture Lever Monday? TCAS Tuesday? Throttle Thursday? Flap Lever Friday? Stall Warning Saturday? and Spin Recovery Sunday? 🤣

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, pmb said:

This certainly looks nice, but we've seen plenty of these sunglow-and-water-reflection images now. I am afaid a lot of people are ripe for a change, say airliner cockpits, videos of procedures and such.

Kind regards, Michael

Well all these screenshots are from Alpha testers, which don’t have access to airliners yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I couldn’t agree more. Where’s the beef ? Enough of these « cute » screenshots which don’t show much, not much that we haven’t seen many times since June last anyway. They become more frustrating than enjoyable for a simmer.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 hours ago, domkle said:

I couldn’t agree more. Where’s the beef ? Enough of these « cute » screenshots which don’t show much, not much that we haven’t seen many times since June last anyway. They become more frustrating than enjoyable for a simmer.

Maybe we have seen all the good stuff.  All that remains is the bad/broken stuff and the missing stuff.  We know that some things they are working, or have shown, are not ready and have been disabled in the build.  Like we don't see jets, because they aren't in the Alpha build, we don't see live/AI traffic because they aren't in the build, etc. 

I don't think the Alpha build is as far along as people think.

While I like alpha screenshots, I miss some of the previous “new features” or “complete product” screenshots. 

I mean, we have got a lot of alpha screenshots, but there isn’t much more that we can enjoy unless we are playing it... so... 

23 hours ago, Chock said:

Enough with Wing Wednesday, when will we see Mixture Lever Monday? TCAS Tuesday? Throttle Thursday? Flap Lever Friday? Stall Warning Saturday? and Spin Recovery Sunday? 🤣

Nice shout out @Chock on the new update 🙂 Congratulations! Now, will they implement them 🙂 

• Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

20 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Nice shout out @Chock on the new update 🙂 Congratulations! Now, will they implement them 🙂 

Yup, joking aside, what I was driving at with that slightly frivolous post, which I'm pleased to note I am apparently not alone in feeling if the comments on this thread are anything to go by, was that whilst it is interesting to see some screenshots, it is becoming a bit tedious to see what are really a rather boring collection of pictures when they reveal nothing other than 'oooooh pretty lens flare' to the point that it looks like a JJ Abrams showreel. We get it, it's gonna be a nice looking sim. In particular, I do share the opinion which Noodle commented on too, that all of those pseudo GoPro fisheye screenshots actually look fairly terrible.

Now of course I realise that screenshots are something they can show without giving too much away, but really, what is the hang up with 'giving stuff away' anyway? At some point everyone is going to know what and what not the sim will feature, so I can't really see a very major reason why you'd have to keep that secret. It's a flying game we're talking about here, not the designs for a super-secret nuclear attack submarine. And it is not as if a rival developer can look at a feature list and decide to knock up a rival sim in five minutes anyway, is it?

Of course the Covid-19 situation cannot fail to have impinged on Asobo's plans to some degree, but if nothing else, the truly mortal seriousness of the situation which currently unites us all, does also point up that there are far more important things to worry about than the feature list of what is at the end of the day, an aeroplane computer game. So why not, if we are limited to screenshots, show some which highlight other features? And if the only thing stopping that from being the case, is the only alliteration they could come up with was Wing Wednesday, then they may feel free to employ my other alliterative suggestions. I'm looking forward to Stuka Saturday, and if we can include other languages, DC-3 Domingo is going to be another high point.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

I lot of great shots in the video...

@Chock As for the Alpha screenshots, you do know that not everything is in the Alpha build.  Like the reason we don't see jets is not because they are secret, it is because they aren't in the Alpha build.

Edited by GlideBy

13 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

I lot of great shots in the video...

@Chock As for the Alpha screenshots, you do know that not everything is in the Alpha build.  Like the reason we don't see jets is not because they are secret, it is because they aren't in the Alpha build.

Yes, I know that, but the source of imagery does not need to be limited to what is in a particular build or even an operational software build at all, and even if it was, then the focus can be a bit broader and more creative than a bunch of exterior shots, for example, a zoomed shot of an altimeter or some such. 

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury