Sign in to follow this  
CYXR

free payware + bargains 4 a limited time

A nice overview of some very generous companies... I am, however, missing some well known names.

To all companies having participated in some form or shape thus far, I say, " thank you "!

Keep safe & keep your distance!

Herman 😷

• Like 2

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

True colours will shine....A2A are glistening like a diamond in the sun..as well as other developers.

must say though, you’d think the most expensive developers to ever exist, considering the support they get, would have given a little...

• Upvote 1

Luke Pype

I browsed thru the your list of freebee websites you provided:  Except for one or two, could not find anything really free(?)  Thanks anyway... 

I think it is free only on Simmarket.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

It's easy to see the glaring failure to appear from at least two very significant, highly-successful (and makers of expensive addons) developers..... 

They're certainly not obligated to give away anything, nor are we entitled to anything, but their absence is VERY noticeable . . . 

The community is watching for sure.  🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

PMDG has the NGXu 600/700 expansion marked down ten dollars if that counts.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

10 hours ago, AlaskanFlyboy said:

PMDG has the NGXu 600/700 expansion marked down ten dollars if that counts.

LOL!

Even at half price, PMDG products are way too expensive for me. Fortunately tubeliners are not my thing so can't be bothered. I was always very critical about A2A pricing as well, but their free P-40 made me re-evaluate.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

A2A's pricing i thought was always in the sweet spot, incredible value...look at the quality of the planes they produce, and well, accusim is just amazing!

Then A2A gave away a $50 product, just like that..

Lets do the math's here: 

PMDG NGXu - $99

A2A P-40 $50

p-40 half the price of NGXu.

A2A gave away many, many copies

PMDG give nothing, but take $10 off of a EXPANSION to a base model that costs $99...so you'll still need to spend $125. That's what they are hoping you will do during this time of crisis....spend $125 to get a $10 discount...PA-LEASE! what a shamefull marketing tactic.

never mind there are 3.2 million american people out of work..in the country they reside in.....i'm sure they have $125 just laying around getting in the way.

Just pure and utter arrogance.

• Like 2

Luke Pype

Different forums have different rules. Different companies have different ways of conducting business. We'd all like nice free stuff, and kudos to anyone who provides that, but it's up to the companies themselves. If public opinion is swayed against a company then it will get reflected in their customer base, alleged arrogance or not.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I appreciate my opinion can be a little strong sometimes..i'm not expecting anything, its just a nice gesture.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Luke Pype

IKR.  PMDG could have at least given us all a free 747 base pack and -800 expansion.  I mean..... c'mon 🙊