Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

weird new visual artifact

This is tough to explain.  If it continues I'll get a video.  On 2 of my last few flights I've noticed at low altitude (and usually in or around some kind of clouds) a strange visual artifact.  I can see some purple/pink dots.  Then I see almost a moving light.  Think like aurora borealis.  Here are a few screen shots of it happening.  I'm worried this will be real tough to trace down for a few reasons.  It's not happening every flight.  The other complicating factor is that skyforce and activesky have both been updated recently.  On top of that I am running tomatoshade.  However, I've never had any issues like this.  Anybody else?  

https://imgur.com/a/N8RDS1s

3rd picture shows the rainbow pattern of dots

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

First thing I would check is my video card, is it overheating etc. The last time I had strange artifacts was the precursor to my GTX 780 going down the tubes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

To me, those screenshots look like something is wrong with your shaders. I suggest deleting them once and try without TomatoShade. Only if this happens also with the P3D default shaders, it might be related to another issue like hardware failure.

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

To me, those screenshots look like something is wrong with your shaders. I suggest deleting them once and try without TomatoShade. Only if this happens also with the P3D default shaders, it might be related to another issue like hardware failure.

+1

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys.  My first thought was also hardware.  But I was hoping that not to be the case as my replacement plan on the 1080tii is to wait for the 3080ti.  I deleted the shaders.  Will let them rebuild and see what happens.  Like I said in initial post.  This was only the 2nd time this has happened.  Will report back.  If you don't hear from me, it was the shaders. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Have you updated video card drivers lately?

Ian S

38.jpg

There have been two recent updates.  But haven't seen anybody else with this card complain about it.