Sign in to follow this  

Taxi2Gate LFPG

Hello All,

I'm interested in buying Taxi2Gate LFPG, it looks like a nice scenery however I was wondering whether they are still around? I've heard a rumour that they are not replying to support questions etc. I was wondering, could anyone describe their experience with them and the quality of the scenery.

Oh, and I've got ORBX ESSA, LOWI, Aerosoft EGLL, LSZH and EDDF, as well as MKStudios Dublin, so if you've got any airport recommendations I'd love to hear them! I mostly fly the FSLabs...

Cheers for your help,

Canine

Hi, Canine!

I own and use two Taxi2Gate sceneries: LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle and EDDM Munich.

While some simmers, especially locals, happen to have some complaints about accuracy of the textures (e.g. ground) compared to real life, I live far away from these places, so I cannot reasonably comment on it.
Other than that, I find these products to be very good, offering both great looks and good performance (taking into account the huge size of both aerodromes), plus they have other nice extra features like SODE jetways support, airport vehicles, grass, etc.

Some time ago I had two or three small problems with LFPG (solved by now) and, indeed, it was not easy to get any support.
If the developer is active now I cannot say, as I don't need them. LFPG (and EDDM too) is working fine for me.
As there is no other quality LFPG to be released any time soon, I can higly recommend the scenery.

And I fly FSLabs airbuses too. 😎

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I live near LFPG (not too far) and i have to say it's accurate enough if you don't know it, just like orbx OLC when flying vfr. It's okay. SODE jetways are a must have, and this scenery has them. Pricing is alright (average) seen the variety of routes out of there. Performance is great, even with some other dev that i forgot the name Orly.  What i'd recommend:

-a proper GSX config (if you let it do the job it's gonna be word not allowed).

-a good amount of patience to fix all the issues with the elevation (if you have ORBX, took me 2 months to troubleshoot)

I also saw EDDM from really close, and while the ground textures are a bit off they are fine; afterall stands get refreshed every once in a while so it's understandable. T2G's rendition has *some* snow texturing that is manual. The airport has dynamic lighting i think (not the best tho). If you're interested either get a GSXl2 file or the ones some dude on FSL forums did because the scenery still comes with the old buggy inacurate bgl jetways that will *dock* into your wing. 

I can give you some files if you want just MP me. I really worked on these so i know stuff.

T2G offer great performance, and an overall nice rendition even as inaccurate as it is. You'll have some fun, and it's worth it if you have the guts and patience to dig into them, disable stuff, edit gsx files and add some effects.

Hi @Rafal and @LH340fan

Thanks for both your replies! I'm also considering FlyTampa EHAM which also looks good, albeit less routes for a 'bus.

Anyway, thanks so much for your insight, it's really helpful!

Canine

FT EHAM is very good.

Also take a look at the FT Amsterdam forum as there are some updates ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have LFPG and it looks good. However, I can't get any AI Traffic. The airport is empty.

I have used Utlive Or AIG Manager and sometimes tried both together, no traffic.

I get traffic in other French airports such as Orly ( LFPO)

If you have LFPO Orly from JetStream Design, may be you tick the option to deactivate the AI in LFPG CDG ? Check that.

And to LH340Fan, I'd like to know wich OrbX files do yo change.

• Like 1

T2G seem to have disappeared, which is unfortunate as their sceneries are decent.

I’ve not had any issues with LFPG, it fits the bill for me.  Been there twice IRL but by no means an expert on the airport.

I’ve had issues with default buildings showing up at EDDM but that’s a topic for another thread, LFPG is a good addon.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 hours ago, PhilippeMendes said:

If you have LFPO Orly from JetStream Design, may be you tick the option to deactivate the AI in LFPG CDG ? Check that.

And to LH340Fan, I'd like to know wich OrbX files do yo change.

TBH i had the elevation issue for months. Even by disabling AEC in vector it didn't work. Actually whay did it was taking the files in the main P3D folder, and putting them in the scenery library independantly so that you can "play" with those. modifying priorities in scenery  library helped me resolve my issue. Acually a lot more simple than i thought. Basically my add-on.xml wasn't configured in the right order.