Sign in to follow this  

Addon Airport

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a new airport for P3D in Europe. I mostly fly the FSLabs, and have the following

Aerosoft Heathrow, Frankfurt and Zurich

ORBX Innsbruck and Arlanda

MKStudios Fuerteventura and Dublin.

Any recommendation would be nice, ideally with a lot of FSLabs routes and decent support

Thanks!

Tons of good airports for Europe that can be flown to with your Airbus. This site gives a nice overview based on a map: https://dctry.net/

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Tons of good airports for Europe that can be flown to with your Airbus. This site gives a nice overview based on a map: https://dctry.net/

Thanks. Great site.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Sounds like the good old City of Light is a bit of a gap in your European airport arsenal, so how about one of the Parisienne airports? There are a lot of airports around the city and in the wider Ile de France region, but the major ones which serve the city are Paris Orly (LFPO), Paris Charles DeGaulle (LFPG) and Beauvais-Tille (LFOB). There is decent payware for all of those available, so you could go for one of those. Or...

Another fun option for about the same price as one add-on airport, is VFR France's Ile de France scenery, which is currently on sale for 27 Euros. For that price you get the entire Ile de France region (which is a big area) in photorealistic terrain with custom autogen on top of it for the entire region as well as the city of Paris, plus over 20 airports which are tweaked and made more realistically detailed, including Orly and CDG. So that's a lot of bang for your bucks scenery-wise.

Orly and CDG serve plenty of Airbus operators. including: EasyJet, Aeroflot, Air Corsica, Vueling, Air Malta, Alitalia, Iberia, La Compagnie, Level, Lufhansa, Pegasus, TAP, Wizz Air, and it is of course a major hub for Air France, not to mention the fact that EasyJet is the largest fleet operator of the A320 type in the world and they fly into and out of there regularly, so there's no shortage of Airbuses going into Paris.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Cheers for all you answers

@Chock, Taxi2Gate looks very interesting but I've heard that the dev's aren't around anymore. Is it worth going with FT's EHAM instead?

Try considering Milan Linate airport LIML by JetStream Designs, a masterpiece!. You can find it at SimMarket.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

EDAH Heringsdorf is one of the finest airport sceneries in Europe.

It is really nice, sure, but to be honest, it is also extremely small ;-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

EDAH Heringsdorf is one of the finest airport sceneries in Europe. And how much do you think it costs? Zilch. Nada. Nothing. It's freeware- Sercviced by Eurowings. 

https://www.captain7.de/en/sceneries/edah-heringsdorf-for-fs9-fsx-p3d/

Downloaded. Very nice indeed. Top quality. Thanks so much for posting.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Being a London resident I was looking at UK2000 Luton (interesting airport with quite some routes) or ORBX EGPH. I'm aware that EGPH is the better scenery however I don't really know. Any thoughts? 

I would get Gatwick, but should Jennasoft iron out their bugs I'll get that instead.

Thanks!

I really like UK2000's Luton, especially the new 2020HD version, which has much crisper textures than the older version. It's also sufficiently far away from London that performance is quite good for me.

However, of course Airbus narrow bodies are all over Europe so there is absolutely no shortage of airports that see this airplane regularly. Many of the airports you have are already very centrally located, so apart from some, you'd be looking at airports that are either smaller or further away. Here are some ideas:

- FlyTampa Amsterdam. Though KLM doesn't operate them, there are of course tons of routes from virtually any major city in Europe, since nearly all mainline European carriers operate Airbus narrowbodies these days.

- FlyTampa Vienna. This has always been one of my personal favorites - but then I love Vienna in general, so I might be biased. Of course Austrian operates a large Airbus narrowbody fleet and this is a very well-connected airport.

- FlyTampa Copenhagen. Another nice FlyTampa airport, and SAS operates a lot of Airbus narrowbodies. As a matter of fact they are returning heir Boeing 737's and going to an all-Airbus fleet. I ten to think of EKCH as my gateway to Scandinavia and love flying hops such as EKCH-ESSA.

- MKStudios Lisbon. Beautiful scenery and TAP is a narrowbody Airbus operator. Of course, it's right on the edge of Europe, meaning that the flights to many of your other destinations would be a little longer...

- LatinVFR Madrid. Another beautiful airport, and a major one at that! Tons of narrowbody Airbus traffic from Iberia, but of course also any other carrier in Europe.

- JustSim/Digital Design Brussels. Quite a nice airport, though I generally do feel like JustSim airports lack a certain 'something' that makes them come to life for me. But, definitely a nice airport to have and currently on sale! Centrally located and Brussels Airlines operates a fleet of A319 and A320 aircraft.

I think these are the major airports you might consider, on top of some others that were mentioned. You might, however, also be interested in looking at smaller airports, for example the airports developed by JustSim. They seem to have a specialty in developing smaller airport for a low price, located all over Europe. Currently they have a 35% off sale which is a lot mroe than any other sale I ever saw them hold. So if you want to buy something from them, better do it now!

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

6 hours ago, Canine Crew said:

ORBX EGPH

Perfect timing, as it is on sale now being only 50% of the regular price, similarily to East MIdlands and a lot of other UK (and not only) stuff.

Edited by Rafal

On 3/26/2020 at 5:12 PM, edpatino said:

Downloaded. Very nice indeed. Top quality. Thanks so much for posting.

Cheers, Ed

EDAH made me a "word not allowed" of Captain7, and I immediately bought all their other sceneries as well. 

20 hours ago, Rafal said:

Perfect timing, as it is on sale now being only 50% of the regular price, similarily to East MIdlands and a lot of other UK (and not only) stuff.

I have heard some complaints about this scenery though. Supposedly it's lacking in detail in some areas, or sin't that accurate. What's your take? I've been eyeing this and thinking of upgrading the UK2000 version I currently have.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case