Sign in to follow this  
Ian S

Orbx LC Africa released - and on special!

Posted (edited)

Thanks. So nice Orbx gave a discount. Installing now Central 4 is click and get.😁

The Devs have been so kind in these times. There is some airports am waiting to go on sale ,think I'll just buy at regular price to show my appreciation. 

Edited by reecemj

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

would be interesting to know which high quality African add-on airports are one the (free) market

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.9 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSD 1TB (P3Dv4.5 HF2). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+Vector+OLC, all FTX Regions - NO TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, SEA, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. ASP4+ASCA+EnvTex/EnvShade+ REX SF3D. F1 GTN650+750. AI Traffic: AIG OCI & UTL (GA only)

Great news, now I can move my bush flying back to Africa. Some new exploring to do.😃

Johan Pienaar

Posted (edited)

NO, getting an error when trying to install. States that it is not compatible wit some product but it does not say what product. 

Edit - A reboot sorted out the problem. 😁

Edited by pinepix62

Johan Pienaar

Ah brilliant I can fly to Joburg with the fantastic rendition of FAOR.... Ahhh wait a sec... 

Nevermind ill go to Lagos... Ahh wait a sec. 

How about Nairobi.. Ahh wait a sec..

😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

would be interesting to know which high quality African add-on airports are one the (free) market

Not sure about freeware other than free Cabo Verde by FSDG. They also offer some nice payware  Airports, e.g. Agadir and Casablanca in Morocco, Capetown in South Africa. Dakar in Senegal and Enfidha in Tunesia in their LITE series.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (Skalarki, VierImPott).  Main PC : I7-8700K@4.7 GHz, NVidia GTX1080Ti. Second PC for Displays : I5-8400, GTX 1060Ti.

2. P3D V4, FSLabs A320. Asus ROG Laptop I7-4720HQ, GTX 980M

Installed without any problems, small size, good quality, happy user. 

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx970, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Look for Toliara and Nosy Be. Very high quality freeware in Madagascar.

Edited by officercrockey
typo

David Hilker
Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi)

I'm certainly glad this has finally been released and will word not allowed it up shortly.

However, I'm really disappointed that ORBX somewhat shortchanged their customers with this one as they left out Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, and Iraq.  These countries were supposed to be included according to the openLC map they released several years ago.  You'd think that with all the time they had developing this, about 2 years, they would have done what they said they were going to do and included these countries.  Now there's an unsightly gap between eastern Turkey and Africa.

Dave

Posted (edited)

And you get 8 improved airports 🙂

FZUK Tshikapa Congo (DRC)
FNSO Soyo Angola
FZFA Libenge Congo (DRC)
FTTS Bousso Chad
DIGN Nero-sur-Mer   Côte d'Ivoire
GFBN Bonthe     Sierra Leone
HLZG Oxy 103A   Libya
HLZU Zueitina   Libya

RJXZ8kC.jpg

Edited by gaab
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I'm certainly glad this has finally been released and will word not allowed it up shortly.

However, I'm really disappointed that ORBX somewhat shortchanged their customers with this one as they left out Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, and Iraq.  These countries were supposed to be included according to the openLC map they released several years ago.  You'd think that with all the time they had developing this, about 2 years, they would have done what they said they were going to do and included these countries.  Now there's an unsightly gap between eastern Turkey and Africa.

Dave

Look at the scenery coverage map I think its there. 

https://orbx-user-guides.storage.googleapis.com/orbx-global-openlc-africa-user-guide-e5b6f8.pdf

Ok Dave I see what is not included. Missed that.

Edited by reecemj

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Anyone can show a screenshot of Sousse ( Tunesia ) ?

Near Monastir ( DTMB )

Thanks in advance.

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 minutes ago, reecemj said:

You must be looking at a different map than the one you linked...in the pdf referenced above Israel, Jordan, and Iraq and everything north of them is outside the coverage area.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box