Sign in to follow this  
Alti

OPEN LC AFRICA

23 hours ago, kttd said:

Texturing looks great with my limited explorations.  Don't have Vector and wonder what that would do for improvement.

The Nigeria flight that I've done comparing it to Google Earth, could not really make a close comparison.  

Texturing was not so great.  Lot's of little water modules.  Maybe that's the way it is.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:26 AM, edpatino said:

No PayPal, no ORBX for me!. Don't want to mess up with my credit card.

Cheers, Ed

Try Privacy

It's what I use. You create virtual credit cards for single use only or tied up to a merchant and you can put limits. Works great.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:11 AM, Samaritano said:

Try Privacy

It's what I use. You create virtual credit cards for single use only or tied up to a merchant and you can put limits. Works great.

But Privacy also uses your credit card details and they in turn can abuse it or be hacked, right? I'm not sure one can be safe anywhere, but I've been using PayPal for over a decade and never had a problem. It is a real annoyance that ORBX doesn't provide PayPal option and I have severely curtailed my purchases of their products after they dropped it.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

On 3/29/2020 at 2:04 AM, rooitou said:

But Privacy also uses your credit card details and they in turn can abuse it or be hacked, right? I'm not sure one can be safe anywhere, but I've been using PayPal for over a decade and never had a problem. It is a real annoyance that ORBX doesn't provide PayPal option and I have severely curtailed my purchases of their products after they dropped it.

Just like Paypal you add a bank account where it takes funds from.

This post is about OpenLC Africa, could you kindly take your tinfoil discussion about Paypal and credit cards elsewhere?

I've done flights from Cape Town, South Africa to Windhoek, Namibia and another two flights ex-Windhoek to both Luanda, Angola / Harare, Zimbabwe.

I personally am very impressed with the product. I do hope more airport developers will concentrate on this huge continent. So far I've found some nice freeware for P3DV4 being Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Harare, Nairobi & Mombasa, Kenya.

Much to explore!

Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃