Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

inside Yoke

HI,

is there a chance to see what Yoke looks like from the inside?

brds

Martin

I also think that would be a great idea for some updated in and out pictures while we are awaiting for a certified manufacture for the control boards.

Bill

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Thanks for your feedback. Let me consider it and see what I can do.

While we have nothing to hide, we are very proud of the design and are reluctant to openly display the inner workings. No other manufacturer of existing product lines show off the inside of their final production devices. The best you get are some pre production renders or prototype shots and nothing of the final item.

I understand everyone's interest and reasons to want to see inside, especially because of the limitations of existing items on the market. If we do this then it is unprecedented so we need to think it over carefully.

On the other hand, I can pretty much guarantee that the first public review will have the lid off it and be showing pictures everywhere so maybe doing it upfront allows us a measure of control.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Hi Chris,

thanks for replay, 

the only thing i would like to know is how you realized the lack of detent center ... and look inside like here

brds 

Martin

Oh I understand the reasoning, I'd be the same! But no company generally puts this stuff out there. It is usually user reviews where they open them and pull them apart. Having no detent at all and a smooth movement in every direction is what makes this different and I've always been hesitant to just say hey guys this is how we do it.

Like I said, leave it with me and I'll see what we can do.

Chris

Hi Chris,

While you are finalizing the change of electronics supplier (I do hope it goes smoothly) could you please clarify two things that can hopefully be disclosed.

1. What's the outer diameter of the shaft- it looks like 1 inch?

2. As the number of the buttons on the yoke is pretty high and you are using a 5-pin connector, I would assume that a shift register PCB with either CD4021 or 74HC165 chips is located inside a yoke- right?

The reason for the question is that I'm planning to move a 737 replica yoke which I am using now to a Fulcrum after becoming its happy owner😀. It has a seating diameter of 25 mm (which will be easy to enlarge to 1 inch) and I'm using two shift registers to code the signals from 12 buttons. So I'm already considering the modifications that will be needed to mate it with a Fulcrum.

Of course if you decide to produce an interchangeable airliner yoke I'll be happy to buy it, but it will most probably take quite some time...

Thanks, BR,

Sergey

• Like 1

Hi Sergey

Firstly, the shaft is 25mm in diameter.

Secondly yes there is a shift register board that we have made inside the yoke itself. The numbers of buttons are 8 way hat with central push button then another 8 rocker/push buttons.

We are planning a boeing style (I have to call it that but I'm sure you know what it will look like) yoke as the next release which I was hoping to have out in summer, however that was based on releasing this last Christmas! Note sure if you have a hat incorporated in your 737 yoke but this one will have as it is designed to look and feel right but also allow for an improved sim experience.

Regarding modification, all bets are off and I cannot recommend that you do this as it will void your warranty and we cannot provide support for any sort of modification. However, once it is yours you obviously can do whatever you want with it acknowledging that it is outside of support.

Chris

Thanks a lot, Chris.

Yes, I have a hat in my yoke as well as an additional button mirroring the AP disconnect and an additional rocker switch mirroring a PTT one. Here is the link to the photos of my current device: InternalsSR board, Yoke. All the ectronics assembled by myself (as well as mechanism)- I'm an electronics engineer with about 40 years of experience.

And of course I'm fully aware of the modification consequences in terms of warranty. Anyway, no plans beyond adapting the existing yoke for full interchangeability- I've done it for different products.

Anyway, it's too early; so thanks again for the info and good luck with having the product out as fast as possible  with all this crazy stuff around...

BR,

Sergey

Hi Chris
you mentioned 737 yoke handle style options..., I understand that buying alpha yoke for base, I will be able to buy only the handle in 737 style and exchange it with Alpha?

Martin

Fulcrum One not alpha, that is someone else;)

The reason it is called One is that it will be one yoke for everything. The base will stay the same and additional yokes are planned that you can change, like you would with a racing wheel. So once you have this unit you can buy additional yoke handles and they plug into the end of the shaft.

Chris

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Fulcrum One not alpha, that is someone else;)

The reason it is called One is that it will be one yoke for everything. The base will stay the same and additional yokes are planned that you can change, like you would with a racing wheel. So once you have this unit you can buy additional yoke handles and they plug into the end of the shaft.

Chris

hahaha why I called it alpha??? I don`t know hahah...,   of course Fulcrum one, and thx for that- one base for different handles- this is superb !!

Martin

Thank you Chris for continue to work towards bringing this yoke to market.  I am shopping a better yoke than the toy Saitek and so look forward to following your progress.

Cheers and stay well

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hi Chris,

First, congratulations on finding a local supplier for the missing parts.

Second, I understand your reservation to 'opening the hood' of your creation for the whole world to examine. If it were my 'baby', I'd feel  more relunctant despite knowing that, once sold, the new owner can take it appart as many have done with other products. I saw a video last year where Ray (Proudfoot ?) is trying a demo version of your yoke at a flightsim show. Instead of opening the hood, I would prefer an enhanced remake of that video in which  the yoke's features, such as its smoothness, can be demonstrated and commented on.

Just a thought.

All the best, JJ

I'm still looking at some inside shots so leave that with me. In the short term here is a quick demo flight from early on Sunday morning at the flight sim show. It is just to show how the yoke moves. I will do a more in depth one soon. I am stuck at home though and my office and desk is just full of yoke parts so it isn't the easiest to set up my sim at the moment!

Edited by tutmeister