Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

inside Yoke

Hi all

There is a news post on our website with a short video I made while stuck at home. https://www.fulcrumsim.com/short-yoke-overview-video/

It is also viewable via youtube here. I know it is not showing the internals, that is still under consideration but it should give a better idea of what it can do.

Chris

• Like 1

yes, and this is the real thing we are waiting for... ( I like Honey... but on slice of bread or in Tea cup... 🤣 100 % customer for new MSFS..

On 3/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, tutmeister said:

We are planning a boeing style

What about this Chris ? there is some pictures ? im really interested by a fulcrum 737 replica 🙂 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Hi, no there are no pictures because it doesnt exist yet. It is designed but it has not been cast and tested/finalised so it is not in a state to start showing off. It is a future product that will come out after the base yoke. Obviously this will involve investment up front for tooling etc so this is something we will only progress once the yoke is released. Yes a Fulcrum airliner yoke is something we definitely want!

Hi, thank you for your answer and take care.

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I am curious as to whether this Force Feedback modification would work with the Fulcrum.

If you manage to design a totally new mechanical interface of MS FFB2 motors to a Fulcrum (considering a very different bearings layout), then it will work. None of the VRFlightsim parts can be applied to a Fulcrum directly. Besides, the forces that you'll get will be 2-3 times lower compared to a Fulcrum and IMHO not very realistic (I've built a VRFlightsim yoke myself). This is why the author of VRFlightsim yoke has started to build a ver. 2 with the different layout but didn't finish it for personal reasons.

I don't see why you couldn't redesign it to fit, but maybe you shouldn't.

I really think swapping out the original forceful springs in exchange for that quite-weak mechanism will be a worse flying experience.

Affordable sim car racing wheels have smaller than reality steering-wheels, one reason is larger wheels have more leverage and that requires larger feedback forces. The Fulcrum yoke has a much heavier (inertia) lump of yoke to move, and as the video shows, that amount of shaft travel gives the pilot much more leverage than that joystick mechanism was designed for - that pilot flew everything including the takeoff by fingertip! (the more frantic approach was sped up video).