Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Seeking reviews from GA users

Hello everyone,

I never considered this product before as I fly GA business jets and turboprops 100% of the time.  With the current 50% sale, I decided it could be worth the cost if I use it enough.  So, for those GA pilots out there, what is your opinion of this product for parking and departing the FBOs compared to the price of about $20 US.  Thank you. 🙂

WAT1460.png

5 hours ago, byork said:

Anyone... anyone... Bueller... Bueller....

Thanks Bryan.  I probably needed to put this in the P3D forum.  Most visitors here are users with an issue or how to questions.

WAT1460.png

21 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Thanks Bryan.  I probably needed to put this in the P3D forum.  Most visitors here are users with an issue or how to questions.

That's correct... this is more of a support forum..

I'd ask on the various Facebook groups and P3D forums here on Avsim.

And when you get feedback, try to ascertain if the people actually own the software 🙂

I've seen people make comments about our software as if they're experts... and they don't own it 🙂  Welcome to the internet 🙂

Edited by byork
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Hello everyone,

I never considered this product before as I fly GA business jets and turboprops 100% of the time.  With the current 50% sale, I decided it could be worth the cost if I use it enough.  So, for those GA pilots out there, what is your opinion of this product for parking and departing the FBOs compared to the price of about $20 US.  Thank you. 🙂

OK. I bought  it because I liked the concept, I know  Bryan will fix things eventually .but. As it is the software is not ready and  even $20 is way too much .Too many bugs.I would not buy it again. (as it is). Maybe for $5 yes. 

Edited by MindYerBeak
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

OK. I bought  it because I liked the concept, I know  Bryan will fix things eventually .but. As it is the software is not ready and  even $20 is way too much .Too many bugs.I would not buy it again. (as it is). Maybe for $5 yes. 

Well, that depends, many persons have different perceptions. UGCX is almost new, it was released last year, and there is bunch of things we would like to improve. GSX has many things, for sure, because of the years they spent improving things. We had problems on our route too. The reason we didn't stick to GSX is because the pushback and some other services has been the same since the past years. I has been on the user's side requesting, as many others, improvements to services, but they didn't hear those suggestions, so ...we just get tired of waiting improvements on GSX and we went over and did our own tool. For example: If anyone else went happy with AES at the beginning, then there was no point to create GSX,...but GSX then came out, they thought there could be good things they can add to their software. GSX has made improvements also based on other pushback tools. For example, on XPlane, Better pushback add-on did a really good improvement by editing the route live in the simulation. Then many people wanted that on GSX, then GSX went over after many people complained they wanted something like that. That is one feature came out because people were asking all the same thing...theeen they did it. But stop thinking....if XPlane's BetterPushback didn't appear in scene....then GSX didn't came out with it's top-down editing view feature, they maybe has added it in the future (years after maybe?)...but we have to give thanks to BetterPushback that implemented such a nice feature, then GSX did the same.

But what about engine start at stand?....tow to parking?....voice recognition?...all these has been asked by few people out there to GSX,...they think..that ...because its a few people they dont need to go further and update it....but then we thought, ...let's create our own tool with all those missing features...then that's how UGCX born. We didn't go into catering trucks and others stuff as GSX is good at that. But making UGCX is not free, we took time and effort making many things trying to making them to work...that's what people really don't see....but we will keep improving it..day by day.. I'm not blaming anyone...but just saying the true...if GSX came out years ago with all these features I just wrote...then there was no point of making UGCX......then we just be happy using GSX all the way.  🙂 ...The "need" of more is the fuel of many things we have today talking about in general...technology, and many things....so..yeah...that's my two cents on this topic.

Depends, if you like it or not, if you don't like it...it's okay...if you like it..then fine! ..We respect every opinion for every one, we heard, bad comments as well as good ones (even if they are not the much)  🙂

We will just keep improving it!

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

Thanks guys for your input ! Having purchased FS2Crew software in the past, I have no concerns about future support from Bryan. With my preferences being for GA only use (this keeps things very simple) and knowing any needed support will be there, I plan on purchasing.  I don't need any voice control or different languages or custom push back route, etc etc.  Just want a marshaller to park me with hand signals and to start me up with hand signals.  Maybe he can clean out the lavatory and point me to a courtesy car in the future - thanks again 🌞

WAT1460.png