Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

3 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Fixedwing.jpeg

Proof they are really simulating the final frontier of flight. This is the sim we have been waiting for.

The image has the best name too 'fixedwing'

Also I just love that the world map is a globe, I don't know why, it's just amazing. I wonder what the airports with Stars mean, high quality? Favourites?

unknown.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 10

Flying on line A320 in formation.

• Like 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Once again we're given a very informative update. Thanks for the multi-player video, it provides a exciting look at what's coming in different ways. I especially like the live world aspect of having real time planes filling your nearby air space. 

Thanks Asobo, and hope to hear more next week on the next wave of Alpha participants once the next build is released!

• Like 3

Ken

18 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

I'm sorry, Airbus called, they want their photo back O_o

Screen_Shot_2020-03-27_at_9.47.04_am.png

Not only that, but look at the ground.  Widespread snow!

• Like 7

Can't wait to see how it plays out with AI ATC. I get that if its pulling world info of real planes, all the planes will be spaced as so no traffic conflicts but what happens when the users try to get sequenced into the mix?

Additionally where are they pulling the info from. I get tubeliners but what about small GA traffic...ADS-B?

28 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

I'm sorry, Airbus called, they want their photo back O_o

Screen_Shot_2020-03-27_at_9.47.04_am.png

Real

air-to-air-filming-how-to_0.jpg

• Like 7

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

44 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The image has the best name too 'fixedwing'

Also I just love that the world map is a globe, I don't know why, it's just amazing. I wonder what the airports with Stars mean, high quality? Favourites?

unknown.png

There is also the marketplace! min 3:40

• Like 4

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

A maximum of 50 rendered aircraft seems low, no? 

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Thanks @ChaoticBeauty

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲📌📌📌📌📌📌📌

98593505-3464-43D7-BE87-B951E8532F9F.gif

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

57 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Fixedwing.jpeg

We're gonna be in the Hudson.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, simtom said:

50 from players + all AI 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, aleex said:

50 from players + all AI 

Yeah I know, but for fly-ins or other group activities it doesn't seem like that many. Of course, it isn't the same as 50 players in a shooter but still. Maybe I'm expecting too much here, though with their whole Azure cloud technology you would expect to see more capabilities from it.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I'd like to hear more about how this live player option of which the users want to fly by the rules will play out.

I'm a loyal PilotEdge member and with its subscription based structure and live ATC, there is no tom fooliery. But with this anyone can join, an Xbox version coming, how will completely new to aviation user fit in with those who know the rules and looking to fly that way? Add in real world AI traffic.

I'm not bearish on the idea just curious how this will play out as it seems Asobo is putting a lot of thought into the end results.

It would be almost hopeful that a private group flight could be created that offers everything about the live flight feature  (real time, we and traffic) but in order to join have some kind of approval process to show that the user knows how to fly and fly in controlled airspace. Additionally the ability to join any session should remove using a runway as a starting location when joining.

I think I heard rumor that when creating a flight if the user selects a starting point that is not a runway that the plane is cold and dark so if thats the case and hold true and a user can't join the MP session on a runway then at least a newbie would still have to learn how to start up the plane before they find their way holding an active.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, simtom said:

50 closest to your current location. So as you move along it will keep generating the 50 closest to you. Seems fair

• Like 6