Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 26th, 2020 – Development Update

13 hours ago, domkle said:

The duck shot (why a duck ? Why a no chicken ? 😁)

Chickens can't fly, they won't be an issue for aircraft.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 minute ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Chickens can't fly

I disagree, they can fly a short distances. In a town near me, they have chickens that run loose in the town, and at night they fly up into the trees to spend the night. :laugh:   huey1177.gif

I sure hope that goose has wingflex or it's a no buy for me 🙂

• Like 3

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

9 hours ago, 767lover said:

Where in the video do they mention this?

And what is with those blurry mountrain textures at 2:02 in the video? Must be ultra-low graphics settings (or at least I hope)!

I agree, the mountains do not look good.  And in a lot of screenshots they don't look great either, so I don't think it is just settings.

7 hours ago, Mengy said:

Those low altitude shots are outstanding.  This is going to be a bush pilot's virtual wet dream.  

I hope so.  I hope that it isn't like previous sims where you could land anywhere.  I hope the ground has proper resistance, rocks and bushes and things to catch on, etc.  Just hope it is realistic.  And it sounds like they are working on it, as Ground Friction Formula is one of the issues.

4 hours ago, domkle said:

He he, could be, I don’t think so, but it could be’. A small hyperactive moon though and a truly gigantic city. An alien world 😁 !

Looks like a full moon at night to me.  The clouds are just lit by the moon.  It does seem off though, compare to this (Edited, removed photo as may be fake shot from Airplane.  Also, I now think it is dark because it is paused by the menu, and is just the sun.  See below comment from aleex and my response.)

Edited by GlideBy
removed photo, changed opinion.

10 hours ago, Chock said:

Gotta be honest, anything which facilitates more Airforceproud95 videos can only be a good thing. 🤣

May I thank you for making me aware of Airforceproud videos . Absolutely hilarious lol . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I want some Canadian shots, we haven't seen anything from Canada since that B-Roll footage from last year, and that was a very foggy approach into Toronto-Billy Bishop.

I visited Detroit once. I saw Canada from there. You mean there's more? 😄

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

16 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

Looks like a full moon at night to me.  The clouds are just lit by the moon.  It does seem off though, compare to this 

I think it’s just a pause mode or something. Too dark to be at day, but it’s the sun what is shining. The moon doesn’t have any flares on other screenshots. And there are sun rays behind the clouds.  

and the “Objetives” tag on the upper side.. 

Edited by aleex

14 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

I agree, the mountains do not look good.  And in a lot of screenshots they don't look great either, so I don't think it is just settings.

I hope so.  I hope that it isn't like previous sims where you could land anywhere.  I hope the ground has proper resistance, rocks and bushes and things to catch on, etc.  Just hope it is realistic.  And it sounds like they are working on it, as Ground Friction Formula is one of the issues.

Looks like a full moon at night to me.  The clouds are just lit by the moon.  It does seem off though, compare to this 

1.jpg

Looks like that start of Airplane! 

14 minutes ago, aleex said:

I think it’s just a pause mode or something.

Good point.  So I looked at the Multiplayer video again.  And when he activates the menu, it does darken the rest of the screen.  So if it was night with the moon, then it darkened it, it would be too dark.  So I agree, it must be the sun, and it looks weird because it was darkened by the menu.  (I wonder if they posted that to test us)

13 minutes ago, Drebin8 said:

Looks like that start of Airplane! 

I think you are right.  Then that is fake.  I will delete it since, I agree with aleex.

Edited by GlideBy

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I want some Canadian shots, we haven't seen anything from Canada since that B-Roll footage from last year, and that was a very foggy approach into Toronto-Billy Bishop.

Also Hawaii.

I don't remember seeing any Canadian shots (doesn't mean there weren't any) but I'd enjoy seeing downtown Toronto, and I'd really like to see downtown Ottawa!

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

19 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I'm sure VATSIM will still exist because the notions you highlighted; however, you have the realize 99% of simmers don't use VATSIM...  

I'm surprised this post got so many hearts.  I think more than 1 percent of simmers use VATSIM.  There's a lot of users on that network.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I love the whole 'one world' thing however I'm also a bit worried. One of the things I used to love about FSX was VATSIM and flying in controlled airspace with only limited examples of idiots/griefers. I can just imagine trying to fly an ILS approach to Rwy 16L at YSSY only to be smashed by some word not allowed in a Cessna. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlideBy said:

Good point.  So I looked at the Multiplayer video again.  And when he activates the menu, it does darken the rest of the screen.  So if it was night with the moon, then it darkened it, it would be too dark.  So I agree, it must be the sun, and it looks weird because it was darkened by the menu.  (I wonder if they posted that to test us)

I was almost positive this was actually a very well-done full moon scene. But the filename is "sun.png", so...womp womp.

Seems like a terribly misleading picture to post. That's unfortunate.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, WTE_Pharoah said:

...I can just imagine trying to fly an ILS approach to Rwy 16L at YSSY only to be smashed by some word not allowed in a Cessna. 

Hey...what’s wrong with Cessnas?

Chris

6 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Chickens can't fly, they won't be an issue for aircraft.

I always believed that MH370 was brought down by high-flying chickens sucked into the engines over the Indian Ocean.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.