Sign in to follow this  
EKRA01

Live AI realism

The new update really shared good details about the traffic in game. What I hope becomes a reality is the possibility to install AI models with real liveries so that the Real live AI can use those instead of generic planes and liveries. And those could also be used for regular AI as well. I am all about realism especially when it comes to AI. I love airports packed with aircraft and seeing real liveries performing real routes with authentic behavior will be a really big hit. 

• Like 1

So is this the first we are hearing about Live AI? Did they just sneak this into the new video to confirm? 😮

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

5 hours ago, EKRA01 said:

possibility to install AI models with real liveries

That would be nice... I think Asobo would make it possible for the user to install models/liveries for AI aircraft on their machine.

Matthew S

5 hours ago, reignman40 said:

So is this the first we are hearing about Live AI? Did they just sneak this into the new video to confirm? 😮

Last year they said they would have live traffic.  This is the first real information though.

I believe it's some copyright issues which makes it impossible for MS to use real world liveries. I'm pretty sure though that third party developers will create AI with real world liveries, but why the same restrictions don't apply to them, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

alllive traffic have each code of airline and flight number  probably come from some kind of software who transmit each transponder so we can add liveries depending the airline code

this "kiddy" would prefer to "fly" historic weather / times .... so why do you "kiddies" want live AI.

wouldn't you enjoy a flight at "challenging" times

just curious ... & who cares about the livery on the plane in front on taxi and / or on your tcas 40nm away ??

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, jlund said:

I believe it's some copyright issues which makes it impossible for MS to use real world liveries. I'm pretty sure though that third party developers will create AI with real world liveries, but why the same restrictions don't apply to them, I have no idea.

MS has lots of money to pay for copyright infringement. Small third party developers - not so much

• Like 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

MS can't implement liveries because it's a business that must license brands from other businesses + agreements + etc...

But I think it will be possible through a mod / addon to customize the fleet through...

As for end users featuring real world Airline liveries, well, I believe the Airline companies would be more than happy to have their livery promoted, for free, even in a virtual world (Where flight simmers could book a real ticket with them).

However, legal problems could happen I suppose if a user record a video that features the brand of xy Airline in a negative or inaccurate way and shares it on a social media as a fake news or for whatever other reason... This would become problematic for the brand use legal agreement..

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Ultimate Traffic, My Traffic, Alpha India Group (AIG) have all used real world liveries on their AI, and I have never heard that any of them have had any trouble with copyright infringment, so I am sure we will see them be ready with AI at, or shortly after, release of MSFS:

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Yeah, I don't think Microsoft wants to deal with those licensing problems. But I hope they can keep the file system open enough so the users can mod the liveries somehow.

Edited by Beru

7 hours ago, vadriver said:

who cares about the livery on the plane in front on taxi and / or on your tcas 40nm away ??

I do and I bet many more do as well.

• Upvote 2

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

17 hours ago, reignman40 said:

It was mentioned in a couple interviews over the last year, but I do believe this is the first time it's been mentioned outside of that.

10 hours ago, vadriver said:

just curious ... & who cares about the livery on the plane in front on taxi and / or on your tcas 40nm away ??

It was one of the most requested features I received last year.

so lots of people.

tbh, there is nothing quite like this feeling,

Very close to being told by ATC over the radio "not above 50 meters" but in a slightly different way.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

13 hours ago, vadriver said:

this "kiddy" would prefer to "fly" historic weather / times .... so why do you "kiddies" want live AI.

wouldn't you enjoy a flight at "challenging" times

I care. "kiddie"

• Upvote 1