Sign in to follow this  

Hey Guys.  No complaints with my system, but had a question for the experts.  I have a 1080ti that runs main P3D monitor as well as a 2nd monitor for things like active sky and various related programs.  Also have a 3rd monitor out of the GPU that actually is a skalarki MCDU for when I fly airbus.  Then I have a 4th monitor that is plugged into the integrated graphics off my MB.  Just like the 2nd monitor it's just for other programs.  Not the sim.  I do have a 4th port in the GPU.  Is it advantageous to plug that monitor into the GPU instead and deactivate the integrated graphics in the BIOS?  I am just curious if there is a con to running the system the way I do currently.  Thanks. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

thought for sure I'd get some opinions.  But nobody may or nobody has seen it yet...

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

thought for sure I'd get some opinions.  But nobody may or nobody has seen it yet...

Not sure there are many who have this configuration and can comment... why not break some ground, try it both ways, and report back?  Personally, I would tend to think that disabling the internal graphics would free up some CPU resources.. but who knows if that matters.. :unsure:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

A comparison would be interesting as the CPU/GPU combination is similar to quite a few on here. The test needs to be consistent. Set up a couple of scenerios and save them. Then run each of them with both the graphics options, and nothing else changed of course. Look forward to the results.

John B

I will try guys. There are two schools of thought that will be interesting to see. Both have merit. First like bert said. Freeing up cpu resources potentially. The other would be graphic resources. In my 4K setup it’s not rare to see my graphics card maxed out. At the same time I look at the resource monitor and see the integrated graphics at 20%. So you would have to wonder if that “20 %” would then be thrown on to an already saturated graphics card.  Guess we will see. 

Edit: Upon further review I've found the reason I set it up like this in the first place.  Since the graphics card only has 1 HDMI out and 2 of my monitors are HDMI only I had to.  I've ordered a DP to HDMI converter.  When it comes I'll be able to test more.  

Edited by micstatic