Sign in to follow this  
OriginalGood

Marketplace in FS2020

It appears there is going to be some sort of marketplace in FS2020, as seen in the newest multiplayer discovery video. It looks like it is currently not available in the Alpha. (Maybe we'll see more of it later in beta, or full release.)

I'm very curious about this! Do you all think we could be seeing something similar to FSEconomy? (doing missions and buying new airplanes) I think that would be an amazing addition to a sim that already blows my mind.

Gc4hdWW.png

I suspect if might borrow from what we saw in MS Flight and Dovetail's Flight Sim World, i.e. you could unlock extra liveries on the default aeroplanes and extra missions and lessons if you completed various challenges.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, OriginalGood said:

I'm very curious about this! Do you all think we could be seeing something similar to FSEconomy? (doing missions and buying new airplanes) I think that would be an amazing addition to a sim that already blows my mind.

No. Six bucks and my right nut says this is where they will sell you liveries and god knows what else. This looks like their microtransaction hub and is the first thing I have seen that worries me.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

47 minutes ago, Chock said:

I suspect if might borrow from what we saw in MS Flight and Dovetail's Flight Sim World, i.e. you could unlock extra liveries on the default aeroplanes and extra missions and lessons if you completed various challenges.

Hopefully not... 

But if it's the equivalent of any sim store out there where developers sell their addons but this one hosted by MS and accessed directly in-sim, and then addons are installed seamlessly without having to exit the sim, unzip, install, modify, tweak configs etc... Then why not...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

28 minutes ago, Jazz said:

No. Six bucks and my right nut says this is where they will sell you liveries and god knows what else. This looks like their microtransaction hub and is the first thing I have seen that worries me.

They will give us live weather, live AI traffic and a lot of other things you would have to pay on the other sims (clouds, aiports etc), all that included in the base sim, and you think they would charge for liveries? Well, I don't think so.

The marketplace is probably an embedded store like any other we have for the other sims. They will probably sell aircrafts, aiports and other add-ons from 3rd parties and maybe their own add-ons.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

The marketplace is probably an embedded store like any other we have for the other sims. They will probably sell aircrafts, aiports and other add-ons from 3rd parties and maybe their own add-ons.

Yes, I hope this is what it means... In fact, I think the idea about sharing only with "Partners" the early SDK material and working with them as they mentioned in the update could explain the concept of the Marketplace (that could be up and running and populated with early addons upon the MSFS R1 launch).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

Yes, I hope this is what it means... In fact, I think the idea about sharing only with "Partners" the early SDK material and working with them as they mentioned in the update could explain the concept of the Marketplace (that could be up and running and populated with early addons upon the MSFS R1 launch).

That’s what I think we will see on the release.

Actually I’ve always advocated for a curated store like this. If everything works as expected it will become the only way I will purchase my add-ons.

They indicated in an interview a while ago that they were looking at having in app store for all add-ons, as well as supporting third party distribution. Personally, I think having it in the app could be great for both users and developers, provided they don't get greedy with their cut of the sale. Could be much easier for users to find and install add-ons, and give developers direct access to the users. And also avoid things like DRM systems that require waiting on the developer to manually do something (and having to wait for them to get back from vacation), or a third party store folding, leaving users unable to download their product, for example. Comparisons to MS Flight often miss the problem it had, which was Microsoft deciding at the time that they were going to make all of the content in the sim, and lock everyone else out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jazz said:

This looks like their microtransaction hub and is the first thing I have seen that worries me.

I mean, it's no different than buying the same things for FSX/P3D/XP on websites.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I mean, it's no different than buying the same things for FSX/P3D/XP on websites.

Yep, always find it funny when people freak out when the idea of a marketplace is brought up. It's no different than buying from SimMarket or similar. It's probably one of the best things one could ask for - a centralized place to buy all add-ons without worrying about a bunch of installers or trying to keep track of what sites you've bought from. I'm sure traditional stores will never go away, but having the option would be nice, both from a consumer and developer standpoint.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 7

Brandon Filer

7 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

Yep, always find it funny when people freak out when the idea of a marketplace is brought up. It's no different than buying from SimMarket or similar. It's probably one of the best things one could ask for - a centralized place to buy all add-ons without worrying about a bunch of installers or trying to keep track of what sites you've bought from. I'm sure traditional stores will never go away, but having the option would be nice, both from a consumer and developer standpoint.

And of course, Microsoft takes 30% slice...

For user it it would be great to have one place to get the goods.

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Well... guess I was not so wrong about the financial model after all. 😎

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

46 minutes ago, zemez said:

That's no different than selling on SimMarket or similar (still would love to see no more than 15-20% cut from the official marketplace, but that's probably wishful thinking). However, in this case, you're exposed to the entire playerbase instead of those that happen to find out add-ons exist through Google.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Brandon Filer

I think it is a great option to have. Just because the Market Place is there, after thing's get up and running, doesn't mean you can't shop around for price just like we do now. And it's also possible that Microsoft/Asobo might have some DLC of there own to sell. It's up to the consumer to buy from where they want too the DLC they want. Of course we have no idea for sure until it is released. Also if MSFS makes it to other places like Steam eventually, some people only like buying there DLC from there, others buy from all over the place. Options is a great thing for a consumer, and no one is forcing you to buy anything, including the sim. If they do holiday sales, or sales in general like other markets do now, and you can get the updates really easy, it's a win, and then get your updates for other items you bought from each website you bought it from!

No matter what MSFS does, there is no way everyone is going to agree or be happy about it. That's life 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, zemez said:

Not different from what is going on now.