Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Rock crawling anyone? Hope this is ok in Hangar Chat

25 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Another bit of irony. The other day I had to drive to the next town for shopping and getting some things to my elderly parents.Given that it was a Monday, ordinarily I would have been on my home bound commute down that road at that time of day. I saw more pedestrians and cyclists than I would have seen under normal circumstances. I guess it's somewhat understandable given that lots of people are not working... what else should they do given that we can still go out for reasons already outlined. :cool:

Yep, we are seeing loads pf people walking down our road. Couples hand in hand, joggers, cyclists, the roads are busier than ever, replete with "exercising" pedestrians. As you say, if everybody is at home, what else have they to do other than gardening, jobs around the home and "exercising".

Its the teenagers that don't seem to get the message. I'm seeing young lads out with their friends, in pairs, clearly not from the same family. And my neighbours daughter, next door but one, seems to have her boyfriend visiting on a regular basis. 

Re RC cars. Had a Tamiya some years ago. Enjoyed building it more than driving it. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Emotional Support RC vehicles - it's the future!! :biggrin:

Best thing I've heard on the internet today.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Saw this on YouTube the other day. A guy built an F35B! And was hovering it inside his house. Amazing. Am wondering if its a mini jet engine or some kind of ducted fan.

Edit: Obviously ducted fans. 🙄

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

MD500 - good looking whirlybird - which brand is it, Al?

It's this one, which is sold under quite a few different brands as far as I'm aware. Usually goes for a bit over 100 quid or so if you look about:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FX070C-6-Axis-Flybarless-MD500-Helicopter/dp/B079J6Z3CH

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Judging from a quick eyeball, Al I'd say that MD500 is indeed under 250 grams. Carry on exercising your chopper, sir! :tongue:

The advert says 6 axis, but it appears to be a fixed-pitch heli, no collective pitch.. still fun though!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I've made a sign :biggrin: 

Mods:- I'm conscious of the 20 picture limit on the screenshots forum. I hope I 'm OK staying below that on this thread?

7amQkAv.jpg

EDIT - It's good that the guy is testing the RC F35 indoors (kudos to him for his engineering prowess!) - the real F35 airframe is so ugly that it should never have seen the light of day.. :tongue:

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)