Sign in to follow this  
slait

How to start cold and dark?

I'm not finding any information on how a cold and dark state is loaded. Can anyone enlighten me on how this is done?

- Aaron

Can't remember exactly but shift + F1 or F2 or F3 etc. brings up the status window where you can select the state you want.

With most add-on aeroplanes, you can load up a simple Cessna, turn everything off, and then select the new plane and it will come in similarly configured.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the responses guys, problem solved.

3 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Can't remember exactly but shift + F1 or F2 or F3 etc. brings up the status window where you can select the state you want.

Turns out it is shift + 8 which allows you to select the cold and dark state, along with a few other things. Nice little option that is a shame they don't document in a user guide.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

With most add-on aeroplanes, you can load up a simple Cessna, turn everything off, and then select the new plane and it will come in similarly configured.

Yes indeed! I normally have this in place, but recently deleted them to troubleshoot another issue and just never set up a new default scenario. I did that and everything loaded nice and quiet. Thanks for the reminder.

- Aaron

Update:

I'm now remembering why I don't have this new default flight in place with everything shut down. My P3D will not start in subsequent loads. Sits at the splash screen for a couple of minutes and just bails out. Delete the new default flight files in my Documents folder and it fires right up.

- Aaron