Sign in to follow this  
jordanf93

Blue Lights

Hi

Can anyone assist with this, suddenly the lights on the pushback vehicle have turned blue. It is the same with my QW757 taxi and landing lights. Has something happened to the halo file? I have no idea whats happened, I've changed nothing. I have attached a photo showing the blue shine from the vehicle lights but note they shine at white.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/190xe6r6WczzIi32yA7thrB8p0gngs1du/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1frW84UBOxudnsKVK4CmtYQYfNqEDzliw

Thanks

Gezz another like this today. This is because something has overriding your P3D\Effects\textures.

A P3D content repair should get the defaults back and repair your problem.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1

Specifically it's the " fx_2.bmp " file.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello @ll,

any information about the cause? What addon is changing the file?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I ended up totally reinstalling everything in the end when I had this yesterday.

I was so frustrated by it, like Simbol said default effects should be left alone as a lot of stuff rely on it,

Reinstalling ORBX now...zzzzz 😁

@Lorby_SI  I had a feeling it was either a Virtual Col aircraft or a Captain Sim one, not sure what it was to be honest

Edited by Steve_Ellis

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

48 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

I had a feeling it was either a Virtual Col aircraft or a Captain Sim one, not sure what it was to be honest

Better keep those separate from the sim then, use an add-on.xml package instead. That way you avoid destroying default files, and it is a lot easier to remove conflicting/unwanted assets.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Better keep those separate from the sim then, use an add-on.xml package instead. That way you avoid destroying default files, and it is a lot easier to remove conflicting/unwanted assets.

Best regards

Problem is, if an addon is wrongly designed and is trying to use the default effects textures names with such weird colors and change these. Even if you install them using the. Xml method, they can override logically such textures and effects giving such weird results.

Only advantage I guess is you can track it down by enabling and disabling the addon via the simulator menu.

Regards,

S

34 minutes ago, simbol said:

Problem is, if an addon is wrongly designed and is trying to use the default effects textures names with such weird colors and change these. Even if you install them using the. Xml method, they can override logically such textures and effects giving such weird results.

Only advantage I guess is you can track it down by enabling and disabling the addon via the simulator menu.

Regards,

S

True. But an external file can just be renamed or deleted without harming the simulator itself - you just have to find it. No invasive measures like sim repair or reinstall are required.

Maybe I can help with the finding part. It should be simple to make an app that finds files in addons that are overriding the defaults. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI