Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Do military planes in P3D v4x shoot ammo and missiles?

Also, do they do damage on ground objects?  Thanks.

Edited by oneleg
Typo correction

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

It is possible to make them do that, but typically what you will need is an add-on aircraft which has TacPack capability:

https://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.php

P3D does have a lot of that stuff under the hood, but what you have to bear in mind is that the reason Lockheed Martin develop it, is so that they can create custom solutions which are based on the program's capabilities, which are then supplied to military clients for use in tactical training, based on those clients paying a lot of money for a training solution tailored to their needs. The commercially available standard version we have is simply a by product of what they really wanted it for.

If you have FSX, there is a much cheaper solution, which is this:

https://www.captainsim.com/products/w001/index.html

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you both. Looks real nice but will it work with P3Dv4?  And it's free??

More specifically, with this plane?
https://secure.simmarket.com/virtavia-a-4-skyhawk-p3d.phtml

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

52 minutes ago, Chock said:

If you want an A4 Skyhawk which does support the VRS tacpack stuff, this one does:

https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafoxtecho-a-4efghk-skyhawk-package-p3dv4.4.phtml

Amazing. I'll need to take a look into this. Thank you.
I'm a little concerned about this phrase in the vrsimulations.com page for the VRS tacpack :

"P3D x64P3D v4.1 to v4.5 (4.5.13.32097) Versions outside supported ranges will break compatibility"

I don't want to get frozen into the latest version of v4.5 (4.5.13.32097) and its hotfixes.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

if  you  want to  fly military planes  that  shoot  ever  thought  of  getting  dcs

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

if  you  want to  fly military planes  that  shoot  ever  thought  of  getting  dcs

I have all their versions of the A-10, but I was looking for the A-4 specifically. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

This... I really don’t see the point in spending so much money on takpack versions of planes, the system itself, etc,  to pretty much “force” the sim to be something it’s not...

You want military planes, missions, dogfights, etc. DCS World...

On 3/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, Skywolf said:

Do you have a download or product link? Thanks.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:56 PM, Mgard78 said:

This... I really don’t see the point in spending so much money on takpack versions of planes, the system itself, etc,  to pretty much “force” the sim to be something it’s not...

You want military planes, missions, dogfights, etc. DCS World...

Yes, I see your point.  Why go through the extra trouble and expense. The question though is it worth the extra trouble and expense to get that specific plane.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:56 AM, Mgard78 said:

No, just spend money on a bunch of DCS aircraft that are part of a giant rolling open beta which never ends. I agree that DCS is a much better option than P3d4 overall, if one's objective to to just fly military aircraft. But TacPack  is a very good option for someone that enjoys flying military aircraft and missions within a simulator that has proper weather and realistic scenery. As an example, the DCS F/A-18C has been in early access mode for ages and it still isn't anywhere as complete as the equivalent VRS TacPack version. 

Edited by jabloomf1230

3 hours ago, oneleg said:

Yes, I see your point.  Why go through the extra trouble and expense. The question though is it worth the extra trouble and expense to get that specific plane.

You don’t... you get a full combat simulator, with missions and other planes...