Sign in to follow this  
Axel c

electricity problem

Hi! The last time i've been flying the electricity have shut down. I do like this:

1- I stand whit my plan on the gate and turn of the engines to use GSX.

2- After like 5min all the panels shut down. I can't see the gps or the autopilot panels. It just turns in to black.

I've tested various aircraft, all from the project airbus a380 to a "default" a350. (default i mean whit an a321 cockpit)

I can't not use the atc beacuse this. It just says that i don't have any electricity.

i've been loocking for an switch but don't find nothing.

Can someone help me whit this!!

Sincerely Axel

(As i said i only use "default aircraft" from like simvitation and so)

I think the deafult aircraft since FSX does have APU in it.

Long time not even touch them...so can't be sure...

Make sure your batteries are turned on.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, Axel c said:

I've tried to switch on the APU but it won't work

It's just blck

You need to turn on the APU and the APU generator.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

an old FSX trick, that may work in p3d

Open the aircraft.cfg file and look for

electric_always_available=0

If present, change 0 to 1 and save.

Luke Pype

Hi Maddogz!  I'cant find any electric_always_available=0.  Before, everything worked fine but now all of a sudden it doesn't work.

On 3/28/2020 at 6:07 AM, Axel c said:

(As i said i only use "default aircraft" from like simvitation and so)

Can you elaborate on this? "Default aircraft" to me, means only the aircraft that were in the sim when you first installed it.

Try sticking with the default 737 (or A321 - you pick) until we get you squared away. We all have it and your switches and options will match ours. It's difficult to help if you are using an airplane that we don't have.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 3/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, MDFlier said:

Can you elaborate on this? "Default aircraft" to me, means only the aircraft that were in the sim when you first installed it.

Try sticking with the default 737 (or A321 - you pick) until we get you squared away. We all have it and your switches and options will match ours. It's difficult to help if you are using an airplane that we don't have.

Hi! This problem comes up on every aircraft i use, includning the default once. Do you have a clue if there is any setting? Each time after i turn off the engine this happends. I've tried to turn on the APU but it won't work 😞 

I think you shut down the engines with the APU off and no ground power. After the 5 minute period that you mention, the battery voltage gets low and the electronics shut down on you. At this point you have an airplane with a dead battery so you can't start the APU or engines.You need to turn the battery switch off within a minute or so of turning off the engines to make sure that you don't drain the battery so low that you can't restart the airplane. If you need power after turning off the engines, you must have the APU on and on the bus, or have ground power enabled.

If P3D is anything like FSX, then the default battery capacity is unrealistically low. This is why software such as FSUIPC has an option to extend battery life.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/can-one-increase-battery-life.429279/

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)