Sign in to follow this  
flotmangooner

Rex Sky Force

Apologies if this is in the right place but can't see a separate forum for this product ?. I have contacted the company direct but they are only open weekdays......

I have a fully registered product and recently received an update notification - I am now on build number 5.0.2020.0228.However, every time I start the program I have to register the product again which is very frustrating. This has only been happening since the last update. Any ideas why this is happening and how to resolve it please ?

Thank you

I had the same problem. Then the problem changed and I couldn't even choose a store during registration: “No stores found“ or something to that effect. REX support told me to reinstall, and I tried, but the installer won't accept my serial. Still waiting to hear back from them on that - maybe after the weekend.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Build 0228 is the latest build of SF. 

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

I had the same problem with Rex Environment Force. The solution was to give the folder the registration is written to full write permissions. Can't say whether this was a fluke on my system, or something general. 

Inside the P3D folder there should be a folder called REXModules. Have you tried right-clicking it and under the security tab set everything permission wise to full?

I was having this same problem.
So I went into settings, menu profile, the fields were blank, I entered the data again and clicked on update after that he did not ask for more data when starting the program.

Maybe REX will reconsider using Discord as it's difficult to use for generic issues like the one solved in this thread. 

I was having the same problem, but thankyou Ricardo Andrada, I filled in the profile fields in the programs and all is working fully now as it should

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Same as the other two have said. In your profile the registration is blank. Fill in your information there before exiting. That worked for me so far.

I don't see how I could have filled out the profile - SF closed after I couldn't fill out the registration form at start-up after the update. Let alone now at installation, after uninstalling because REX support told me to.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

When the installation profile was showing "No store available" there was nothing you could do because the REX servers were either down or unreachable. The solution in this thread stops the app from continually asking for your serial number every time that you run it.

I don't think so. The sequence in my case was:

1. Received the notification regarding the update on start-up of SF.

2. Downloaded the installer/updater and ran it, which seemed to work.

3. Was asked to register on the next start-up of SF, and then again, multiple times, over the time frame of at least 3 flights/days. Each time, SF seemed to accept the registration data and ran normally, but on the next start-up it asked again.

4. After those flights I was asked to register yet another time, but this time I couldn't. The stores were all in the drop-down, but the registration didn't work (went ghosted for a minute or so, then came back back again, probably after a time-out). I found the notification regarding the server down-time on the REX website, so I canceled the registration and flew without SF.

5. Waited for the servers to come back online, then tried to register again, but this time got "No stores available".

6. Opened a ticket with REX support, who told me to re-install. But upon re-installing, my code wasn't accepted.

Now waiting for REX support to get back to me after the weekend.

Best regards, Dimitrios

38 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Rex's support is utter c**p so is their products. Go with active sky, you won't regret it. 

I have some sympathy with that viewpoint.  I understand thier ticket system is closed at weekends? It's 2020.