Sign in to follow this  
flytriman

How to eliminate native airline traffic while keeping GA tra

Also posted this on the P3D forum.

I want to use the CalClassic airline traffic and not the P3D v4 native airline traffic...problem is both use the traffic slider for control of traffic density.  So if I move the slider to "0" I also loose the CalClassic airline traffic.  I also don't want to disable the "trafficAircraft.bgl" file as I use the native P3D v4 GA traffic.

Anyone have a solution?  Or does anyone know of a good GA traffic add-on...I have Orbx GA traffic, which is great, but only really useful in the Western Regions.

Thanks for any help,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

Check this out

-Brian

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Thank you...that's fantastic.  I'll look at AIFP and try it out.  If I read this correctly I could substitute some Orbx GA aircraft for the default P3D GA aircraft to get more variety...and get more of my CalClassic aircraft flying by putting them into the default P3D flight plans (wonder if a DC-3 can do 450 kts?).  I could also modify the routes so that the Mooney's aren't flying at FL 210.  This looks like it could be absolutely great.

Thanks,

Garry  

Garry Lundberg

You could also rename the titles of your default airliners. They will still all be selectable in the sim. The whole process would only take a few mins.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Go to the World/Scenery folder in your P3D installation. (Mine's: E:\P3D\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\)

Rename trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.off. (And restart P3D)

That should get rid of all of the fictionally named (Orbit, World Travel, etc.) airline traffic.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

MDFlier,

Thanks for reply but I can't do that as I want to keep my GA AI.  Found a solution from SOH Forum...just have to pull out of the SimObjects/Airplanes folder the native P3D aircraft files...which I did and that fixed it.

• Like 1

Garry Lundberg