Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

KSAN Scenery: Which one?

It's been a while since I moved from LVFR v1 to v2, but IIRC it was a substantial improvement.  What I can say with certainty is that I love LVFR v2, it blends competently with Orbx SoCal and I've never felt the desire to move to the Orbx version.  If I had neither, I still think I'd trend towards the LVFR version simply because something about the Orbx ramp/runway textures looks funky to my eye.

Still I can't imagine being terribly unhappy with either.

Scott

• Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, ryanbatcund said:

Wow I just realized there's three different versions of San Diego

LVFR version 1 (which is what I have), they now have a version 2 and Orbx.

Is it worth changing to v2 or Orbx?  Does anyone recommend one over the other?  I see both are on sale (LVFR 16.99 usd and orbx about 12.50 usd)

I do have Orbx SoCal FWIW

If you choose the ORBX version, I have modified mine by removing all photo.bgls to give it full comparability with FTX Southern Cal.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:18 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

I use the ORBX SAN + iniBuilds.com Dynamlic lighting profile. The ORBX DL has terrible performance but iniBuilds makes it a perfect scenery. 

What's the differenCe between the ORBX profile and inibuilds?

Haha it's an easy answer thanks gents.  (kidding sounds like everyone likes LVFRv2 and Orbx)

I think the look LVFR is superior (slightly) but Orbx is cheaper.  I guess I'll make a decision!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

33 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

And then again, there is this: Doesn't cost a penny unless you donate.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/24953-ksan-san-diego-international/

I already have that for XP11 hehe!  

I decided on the LVFR scenery for P3D.  I already bought two Orbx titles in this sale - time to support another Dev

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I already have that for XP11 hehe!  

I decided on the LVFR scenery for P3D.  I already bought two Orbx titles in this sale - time to support another Dev

I like that attitude!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, newtie said:

What's the differenCe between the ORBX profile and inibuilds?

I think the iniBuilds looks a lot better and the performance is WAY higher with it. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

37 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I think the iniBuilds looks a lot better and the performance is WAY higher with it. 

What DL file did you disable in the KSAN/Scenery folder. I'd like to test how the inibuilds dynamic lighting looks on my system. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What DL file did you disable in the KSAN/Scenery folder. I'd like to test how the inibuilds dynamic lighting looks on my system. Thanks.

I forget, I’m pretty sure you turn off the ORBX DL in the ORBX config app. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I forget, I’m pretty sure you turn off the ORBX DL in the ORBX config app. 

I forgot about the cp. Tested and I like the inibuilds DL better. This time I enabled the orbx ksan photo.bgls and I had no idea that the photo blends better today with FTX SOCAL than it did years ago. It must have been updated and I did notice the update. After checking an old thread, I need to go back to my modified version.

Here's the old thread: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/540706-orbx-ksan-v2-update-released/page/3/

Here's how the airport looks today:

xeyrRLV.jpg

Edited by DJJose

Yeah man it looks amazing! 

Ron Hamilton

I to prefer ORBX but for a different reason.  I love the static planes and people flow.  I wish more developers   would place static planes and people at the gates as ORBX and DD do.  I supplement the airports with more clutter, vehicles and equipment using simdirector.  

...I supplement the airports with more clutter, vehicles and equipment using simdirector.

How do you do that?  What is simdirector?  I've never heard of it?  I hate how empty airports are...