Sign in to follow this  
Viking84

FS2020 - Persistant economy or integration with FSEconomy?

Hi all! New forum user here, planning on migrating from X-Plane 11 to FS2020 when it comes out. I have been trying to see if I can find any mention of some sort of "persistant universe" to borrow a Star Citizen term, or an in game economy with missions/jobs to fly passengers or cargo, plane maintenance, rental, hubs, all the good stuff you get with FSEconomy but integrated into the game itself. Is this planned, has there been any discussion of it? Or has there been any news from FSEconomy themselves on integrating with FS2020?

I currently fly in Elite Dangerous when I need my mission related relaxation kicks, but if something smooth could be implemented in FS2020 I think I may have found my rest and relaxation game for the next decade.

There is an aspiration that we could get FSEconomy working with the new MSFS, relies on the simconnect interface being similar.

I hope there is an economy built in, and also at least one career mode where you have to get your PPL and work your way up from small aircraft.  

I don't plan on loading any addons, as I am burned out from dealing with those and the issues.

• Like 3

I really hope FSE can create a client for FS2020, it would become my fav game of all time.

• Like 2

Hey, @GlideBy... saw the sig on your post... so sorry to hear this.  I just prayed for your brother and will continue to do so as the Lord bring him to mind.  If you don't mind, please update me via PM.

• Like 4

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Glad to see I'm not the only one hoping for this 🙂 But no news directly from Microsoft so far? I could live with it being an FSEconomy integration, but I would presume MS are keen on as many people playing this as possible, and a built in economy would certainly give people a reason to fly and a natural progression to the larger aircraft. FSEconomy is a great community project but I can't picture any XBOX players setting themselves up on that website.

As for Corona, stay safe all, and follow the quarantine directions given by your government wherever you are. We are entering in to week 3 of homeoffice-only work here in Norway, and the hospitals are coping OK so far, no major issues like Italy have seen. 

In all honesty, Asobo have a good track record of implementing fairly nice RPG-lite mechanics into their open world games.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are intending to directly implement something along the lines of a Flight Sim Economy feature for FS2020.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mengy said:

In all honesty, Asobo have a good track record of implementing fairly nice RPG-lite mechanics into their open world games.

Thanks for letting us know.  This could turn out to be very important and I'm looking forward to it.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

OnAir Airline Manager already features integration with MS2020, as well as XP11 and P3D.  It is a great career add-on.  Yes, it is subscription-based, but you get a ton of content for that.    

Edited by MarkSC
  • Like 2

Not sure about FSEconomy (seems for light aircrafts anyway), but give me FSPassanger AND Fscaptain functionality within FS2020, and I'm done, I will stick to the chair buying aircraft and scenery addons forever.

1 hour ago, MarkSC said:

OnAir Airline Manager already features integration with MS2020, as well as XP11 and P3D.  It is a great career add-on.  Yes, it is subscription-based, but you get a ton of content for that.    

First time I hear about this one and had to check it out straight away. Looks really nice!