Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Synthetic vision for Phenom 300

Hello all,

I have a few queries about this product and wonder how everybody else has managed to install it.

1. First of all, on Installation I am getting an error

"Error opening file for writing:

E\P3Dv4.5\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll

Click abort etc"

Please note that this is after initial installation which gave no error messages, but gave me the problems outlined below. I uninstalled SVS and then tried to reinstall getting the message above.

After the initial installation, and the problems encountered, I went to the manual and reading the manual regarding installation, it states the following

"The installer is located here for P3D v4: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib"

Now I have spent a lot of time seeking, but nowhere in c/Program files do I have a Lockheed Martin folder. The same applies to c/program Files (x86).

I do have, however, a Lockheed Martin folder in c/Program Data but that folder does not have an SVS installer in there.

2. My next problem is locating the SVS.exe file because I do not have the Carenado C172SP G1000, which, it appears is mandatory to install the product. See cited text below.

"Installation 3.1. SVS installation By default, aircraft doesn´t have SVS installed. In order to install it you have run the “SVS.exe” file. Just double click on this file to install it. The “SVS.exe file is located at the following folder: Sim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000"

Do I understand correctly that I need to purchase this aircraft as part of the installation. 

3. I have checked all my Carenado aircraft but cannot locate an SVS.exe in any one of them.

I have proceed no further with the manual because of the above.

However to outline the problems I encountered after the first installation.

I loaded the DA-62 Fired up both engines and pressed the PFD soft key. I got an SYN Viz box which I pressed. I then pressed all the buttons to the right of that end box (syn viz) but nothing changed.

I found the same with the Phenom 100.

The Phenom 300 was a little different in that when I pressed the PFD soft key absolutely nothing happened.

I have no idea what is happening, nor, why it is happening but the product in videos looks good.

Can anybody help me please?

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

"Installation 3.1. SVS installation By default, aircraft doesn´t have SVS installed. In order to install it you have run the “SVS.exe” file. Just double click on this file to install it. The “SVS.exe file is located at the following folder: Sim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000"

Do I understand correctly that I need to purchase this aircraft as part of the installation. 

According to their website you don't need the 172. If you have purchased your aircraft earlier than 2017 you need to re-download them.

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/synthetic-vision-system-fsx-p3d/#tab-requirements

Edited by FDEdev