Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

Bought payware airport scenery, but it overlaps with default

Hello, for some time ago I bought the Aerosoft Mega Airport Oslo v2 scenery for P3DV4, but here is a couple of problems I’m encountering:
1. I still have the default scenery overlapping with the paid scenery. I can still see the old taxiways in the middle of the new ones and also the buildings are sort of overlapping each other, so I can only see the default scenery because its outside of the paid scenery. I have two towers.
2. I can’t spawn at all the gates. I can only spawn on 1-18 and 170-190 or something, but not on the other gates.

What i wanna do is to completely remove the default airport, and get permission to spawn at all the gates on the airport.

And some extra info: I have airports of Norway installed (but removed ENGM), and I have ORBX scenery for all of Norway.
Thanks in advance

- Philip M L Jakobsen

First step might be to check your sceneries are in the right order: standard P3D stuff at the bottom (don't fiddle with this), ORBX in the middle and add-on sceneries at the top.

The Lorby Addon Manager is the tool to use WHEN P3D IS NOT RUNNING.

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

Edited by ailchim
Missed a bit out

ngxu_banner.png

I also run Aerosoft Mega Airport Oslo in P3Dv4 alongside Orbx Norway.  What I suspect you are seeing is not the P3D default airport but the version of ENGM included with the Orbx scenery.  This can be eliminated fairly easily by searching the Orbx folders for any files with "ENGM" in the file name and deactivating these by changing the suffix from .BGL to .OFF.  This may get rid of both of the problems you're seeing.

This is a common issue when using other 3rd party airports within Orbx regions; e.g. I need to do it for all the UK2000 airports as I run Orbx England.

I also use the Aerosoft ENGM and the Orbx Global packages with Orbx Norway.  I haven't had to delete any Orbx files and I wouldn't do that if I were you. 

ngxu_banner.png

In situations such as these, I suggest using Little NavMap to track down the offending files. Little NavMap is a nice moving map and flight planner that has the ability to scab your scenery library, and then displays the addon airports on the map. Little NavMap is free.

Once you do this, you should be able to go to ENGM and under the "Airport Info" tab have a look at the scenery files that contribute to ENGM in your sim. It should list all altitude corrections as well as AFCAD that are being loaded, but it will not shown you any other scenery objects. Alas, knowing the offending AFCAD should be enough information to eliminate any other files.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case