Sign in to follow this  
vv1918

ATC chatter

I am flying in the virtual world in my PMDG 737 home cockpit, but I feel a little alone in these Corona times and would like to have ATC chatter to  keep me with company.

Where can I find the best solutions for implementing ATC chatter to P3Dv4 when I fly my PMDG 737 NGXu?

This is not a thread to fight over which solution is best, but a thread request for a list of available solutions, both free and payware solutions.

In order to get ATC chatter you need other aircraft flying around your virtual skies. P3D has built in ATC chatter provided your traffic sliders are above 0 (zero.) You already paid for it.

There are plenty of other options, too.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

32 minutes ago, vv1918 said:

I am flying in the virtual world in my PMDG 737 home cockpit, but I feel a little alone in these Corona times and would like to have ATC chatter to  keep me with company.

Where can I find the best solutions for implementing ATC chatter to P3Dv4 when I fly my PMDG 737 NGXu?

This is not a thread to fight over which solution is best, but a thread request for a list of available solutions, both free and payware solutions.

I log in to LiveATC.net where you can type in an ICAO and choose which ATC to hear, Departure/Arrival, Towers, etc.  It's nice because you can in mid flight change to your arrival airport.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

I log in to LiveATC.net where you can type in an ICAO and choose which ATC to hear, Departure/Arrival, Towers, etc.  It's nice because you can in mid flight change to your arrival airport.

This. Although not every airport is on it. In that case I choose somewhere else nearby. Can be quite immersive and interesting as well.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Not sure if this is what your looking for, but there is a program called LAAP (Live ATC Auto Play).

Download it (google LAAP ATC) and throw it into the modules folder of Prepar 3d.

Then download various files from 'Live ATC.net' in VLC media format, and put into a folder called 'LiveATC freq', within the Modules folder.

Then tune the relevant frequencies using the aircraft's communications panel for the airports you fly to and from and voila, you have chatter.

Use it regularly in the NGXU.

Pan Pan Pan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, pan pan pan said:

Not sure if this is what your looking for, but there is a program called LAAP (Live ATC Auto Play).

Download it (google LAAP ATC) and throw it into the modules folder of Prepar 3d.

Then download various files from 'Live ATC.net' in VLC media format, and put into a folder called 'LiveATC freq', within the Modules folder.

Then tune the relevant frequencies using the aircraft's communications panel for the airports you fly to and from and voila, you have chatter.

Use it regularly in the NGXU.

Pan Pan Pan.

I was about to suggest to vv1918 to do what I do. I open my tablet's browser to liveatc.net and open the stations I want to monitor with VLC. Thanks for the tip. It's why I visit AVSIM everyday. There's always something new to learn.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.