Sign in to follow this  
opestan1

Carenado Aircraft navdata

Hey guys, I'm having a little problem with carenado aircraft for the models phenom 300, tbm 850 and srs gtsx, I tried updating the navdata for these aircraft with my navigraph sub. installation paths are correct but when I go check they are still have the old databases showing. does anybody know if I'm missing something or did carenado never updated their stuff. I submitted a ticket to carenado few days ago but still no answer from them. any help is appreciated Thank you!

49714076427_79da6bb8c9_m.jpg

49713221648_30b947e563_m.jpg

49713221753_72518bedda_m.jpg

If I am not totally wrong, the Carenado G1000 etc. is based on the simulators default navdata. Means, it can not be updated by Navigraph and Co., you would need to update the default navdata of your simulator. There are some means, but I never tried if it actually works.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

carrendo have navigraph support for phenom . noticed the same whe you power on g1000 shows wrong date but is it using right database and just showing incorrectly.

• Like 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Hey, just bought this plane too, how did you update it ? I have a navigraph sub but in the navigraph fms data manager I do not see the carenado phenom

I think you have to purchase the 'Extension Pack' and then update it at Navigraph

bob

Edited by onebob

Bob's right, for the 300 you have to buy the navigraph extension pack. This gives you SID/STAR, vnav and a few other 'fixes' plus the ability to read the navigraph update. In the navigraph fms data manager just choose carenado products. Once the extension pack is installed you'll loose access to the P3D flight planner.

The TBM doesnt have an extension pack but you can update the P3D database with either fsaerodata or sors.fr

The other alternative is to throw a GTN750 in both and there's many a thread on how to do that in these forums but its database gets out of date too.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked the notifications here but finally got a hold of carenado support and this what they said:

apparently is just a placeholder 🤷‍♂️

49754676472_45cd65cfab_h.jpg

Edited by opestan1

On 3/30/2020 at 10:49 AM, SoJourned said:

Bob's right, for the 300 you have to buy the navigraph extension pack. This gives you SID/STAR, vnav and a few other 'fixes' plus the ability to read the navigraph update. In the navigraph fms data manager just choose carenado products. Once the extension pack is installed you'll loose access to the P3D flight planner.

The TBM doesnt have an extension pack but you can update the P3D database with either fsaerodata or sors.fr

The other alternative is to throw a GTN750 in both and there's many a thread on how to do that in these forums but its database gets out of date too.

I checked their product website, apparently they say its optional so if you have sub theres no need to buy the extension....does it let you arm the vnav?....because my vnav button on the 300 does not work

@opestan1

Once you have the extension pack installed and updated the navigraph FMS data you should see the current cycle in the database section on the AUX page in the G1000. I just updated mine to cycle 2004

With the extension pack VNAV works as expected for the G1000.