Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Problem with Digital Design Liverpool

Hello - Today I purchased Digital Design Liverpool and installed it into P3D v4.5. I am noticing that some of the building have completely black facades which of course is not correct. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, how did you fix it. I can attach a picture if I knew how to.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Have all components of P3D been updated to v4.5 on your system?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher - I have only every update the client, but I do have the latest version of P3D v4.5 installed. Do I need to reinstall all four components? Also, if I do these one at a time is this a pretty quick process? I can't even imagine reinstalling the entire program as this would take days, and I don't have this issue with any other sceneries.

Cheers, Pete

Best bet is to install all components or PBR may not work.  Pretty quick to do if you install each component separately, doesn’t require uninstalling the program as a whole.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I suspect that you have Content that is at v4.3 or before, Pete. PBR textures require v4.4 or later, and I am betting that this is why you have no textures on some of the buildings. It is the same problem that I had when I first installed this airport.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for all of your responses! So if i update each of the four comments one at a time the this should solve the problems I assume?

Cheers, Pete

I suspect that updating the Content would be enough, as I am pretty sure that is what I did.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have a completely different problem with Liverpool ... seeing only a very small amount of ai airplanes (max. 2 or 3).  I have a nearly complete AIG-OCI installation except some African airlines. Is it mainly GA and/or business traffic what is missing there?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

I have a completely different problem with Liverpool ... seeing only a very small amount of ai airplanes (max. 2 or 3).  I have a nearly complete AIG-OCI installation except some African airlines. Is it mainly GA and/or business traffic what is missing there?

Have you looked at the ADE that comes with the scenery? There might just not be enough parking spots big enough for your traffic.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks to all of you! I installed the latest P3D v4.5 content and the airport looks great now!

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

There are not many Flights at Liverpool. I suggest to use SuperTrafficBoard, then you can check if your traffic is working. It's an fantastic tool.

You find an updated ADE here: https://jcai.dk/category/afcad/

XJJIJgW.jpg

Regards

Urmel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urmel81 said:

There are not many Flights at Liverpool. I suggest to use SuperTrafficBoard, then you can check if your traffic is working. It's an fantastic tool.

You find an updated ADE here: https://jcai.dk/category/afcad/

XJJIJgW.jpg

Regards

Urmel

I've already installed your ADE. Thanks for this!  But still not so much traffic. Could you please tell me at what date and time you've made that picture.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

I've already installed your ADE. Thanks for this!  But still not so much traffic. Could you please tell me at what date and time you've made that picture.

No idea, it's old. Use Supertrafficboard! much more easy to find AI.

I can have as many as ten AI planes on the ground at Liverpool around 6 AM (usually Easyjet and Ryanair), but the airport can be almost empty two hours later.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png