Sign in to follow this  
diego1958

LICD Lampedusa crash

I tried several times to land at lampedusa airport, an old LAGO airport, but more or less 10 miles from approach FS9 freezes.

Two times with 2 different planes, LevelD767 and PSS777

has anyone had the same experience ?

Edited by diego1958

I've had the same problem myself but when approaching a different airport and under ATC control. The problem was that there were start locations with errors at that (third party) airport and I would therefore want to suggest that you check the Lampedusa afcad data for any errors.

You could also just delete the existing afcad file and make a new one yourself because after all, Lampedusa is a rather simple airport.

Good luck.

Hans

I've solved:

Readme file - that I hadn't read - says that the terrein folder must be installed with a higher priority than that of the airport.

it's a strange thing but it works fine

Many tks Hans

I find it rather strange that a scenery priority error should cause the system freeze/crash issue as you describe. In my FS9 experience the scenery itself should only have been visibly messed up. However, I cannot test the issue myself because I've combined both sceneries into one single scenery...... but only to limit my total number of scenery layers.

Hans