Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

New Alpha invitation wave today?

I'm sticking with 16gb. If and when its released and requires 32gb I'll buy it  and upgrade then if the reviews are good. Hopefully there will be a demo and I can see for myself.😁

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Baber20 said:

32gb users who registered early will be getting the invites only. 16gb users, prepare yourselves to get disappointed once again.

Very easy to post this but unless you post the attribution, it's meaningless and misleading 

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I've been registered for the alpha since day one, but I'm not holding my breath nor do I have any hope of getting in at this point.

It is what it is.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jlund said:

"32gb users who registered early will be getting the invites only. 16gb users, prepare yourselves to get disappointed once again."

Where have you seen this, and why would you think that? I don't expect to get an invite, but I would assume MS would like to test the sim on as many PC configurations and internet connections, as possible to be able to make a min. requirements.

He is partially joking, I think.  But based on people getting invites and their stated stats, the early invites were 32GB or more.  Then there was the MS post saying 16 Golf Bravo, you are cleared for take off.  Which implied they were letting 16GB users in.  Which they did, but not very many.  

As for MS testing on as many configs as possible, I think they will eventually.  But if you know the sim won't run on 8GB, no reason to invite them.  Later when the build is farther along, I expect they will add 8GB support.  So I have no fear that they won't test low end PCs.  I just think the build is not ready, as it is still Alpha and features are missing.

I wonder if there is anyway to show that I have an overclocked cpu. I'm running an older i5 2500k but I o.c. from 3.3 to 4.4 so I can run really new stuff without problems. But this may be the reason I haven't been chosen 😞

23 minutes ago, Kpeters said:

I wonder if there is anyway to show that I have an overclocked cpu. I'm running an older i5 2500k but I o.c. from 3.3 to 4.4 so I can run really new stuff without problems. But this may be the reason I haven't been chosen 😞

The CPU speed should be in your dxdiag file.  And most that have signed up haven't been chosen.  Over 43,000 people have signed up.  That is a huge number of people that want in.

• Upvote 1

They haven't said when the next waves are coming.

They said after the next build hits the current Alpha testers (which is planned for this week) they would be communicating what changes they're making to the process:

We are continuing to discuss our current participation strategy and will finalize any changes/communicate to the community, once we release the updated Alpha build.

Edited by Tuskin38

On 3/30/2020 at 12:57 PM, Pastaiolo said:

Or with weaker GPUs at this point. Most likely in Beta, but not now.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:16 PM, Cayenne said:

machine specs drive the invites

I'm happy to inform you both, that you are mistaken 😉😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

16 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Thanks, I understand you are in, what are your specs pls?

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

One player experience is not an indicative sample of anything, but i'll still gladly hear about your computer specs out of curiosity

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I don't think he's allowed to write his PC Specs due to the NDA.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

16 minutes ago, jlund said:

Nah. On Reddit every invites round people post their specs. And no one has been banned for that. 

But if he uses the same name or email here and in Microsoft account, then better not tell us. 

2 hours ago, jlund said:

1 hour ago, aleex said:

Nah. On Reddit every invites round people post their specs. And no one has been banned for that. 

But if he uses the same name or email here and in Microsoft account, then better not tell us. 

The NDA covers the sim, not your computer.  You can't say how well it runs, or other things related to the sim, but you can say what your computer has.  Below is the relevant text from the NDA.

Please keep in mind that features you see in this Program may change or be removed in the final version and those features should always remain confidential.
Do not take photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game.
Do not post photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game on any venue.
Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we've instructed you to.
Do not allow others to watch you play the Game.
Do not leave the Game running unattended.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GlideBy said:

Do not leave the Game running unattended.

Oh my! I leave my sim computer running the Alpha frequently when I need to run to the store...

...but then I live alone so I'm probably safe from the Men in Black raiding my home! :laugh:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator