Sign in to follow this  
PhotoReal Earth

FSX+PR * 12 pics > Paris, the city of love and romance

Spring time: the best time to visit Paris, the city of love and romance.

#Stay@home - you can enjoy the famous places and buildings with your flight sim.

0REdnNd.jpg
Tour Eiffel

BE8yvc0.jpg
L'Arc de Triomphe / Place de l'Étoile

7WrSHfc.jpg
Place de la Concorde

eqkT0nr.jpg
Louvre / Jardin des Tuileries

oNmuIZl.jpg
Notre Dame, Panthéon, Palais du Luxembourg / Jardin du Luxembourg

e9Aei6G.jpg
Centre Pompidou (Musée National d'Art Moderne)

RSnCOcl.jpg
Foire du Trône, Vélodrome, Lac Daumesnil

J2ozURj.jpg
Château Vincennes / Bois de Vincennes

qA4NnUI.jpg
Sacré-Coeur, Gare du Nord

2fPPzje.jpg
Musée de l'île-de-France

9dSkaY1.jpg
Maintenance SNCF (former marshalling yard)

5eNEOMp.jpg

BONUS:
Paris at night:
IxqhGEk.jpg

Beaver meets Mouse (Mickey):
b2JWaNS.jpg
Disneyland Paris

NOTE:
Sorry, I don't know if it's allowed to post the same pictures in Aerosoft forum and here on AvSim forum.
And if allowed, I think it's not a very good idea to post them at the same time.

But due to the fact that there is a sale at France VFR only until tomorrow (31.3. / March 31th - many products 30% off http://www.francevfr.com/ ) I hope that it's allowed to make one single exception?

Edited by PhotoReal Earth
  • Like 1

Nice suite of pics but kinda strange addon.

Remarkable in the details (Paris was my hometown for part of my life) but the look is weird, like some greyish plastic model of the city.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Remarkable in the details (Paris was my hometown for part of my life) but the look is weird, like some greyish plastic model of the city

+1

I always thought France VFR stuff looked rather pale and washed out, but this is just unreal. First impression was of a giant cemetary. Very strange.

Edited by Biggles2010
typo
  • Like 1

John B

1 hour ago, domkle said:

like some greyish plastic model of the city.

I understand what you mean. At my first look I was also very surprised about the great majority of grey roofs (tin roofs / metal sheet roofs) in Paris.
But just take a minute to compare with google maps.

France VFR offers two types of photoreal sceneries:

1) Scènes Photo HD: these are "normal" photoreal sceneries with mesh. Without special autogen. There you get the colour of the roofs exactly as they are. If you fly high enough (what I call normal height for VFR) it's perfect for that what I personally want to have in the flight sim.

2) Scènes VFR: these are photoreal sceneries with mesh (like Photo HD) plus buildings and vegetations.
This is what I chose to have for Paris / Center of France -> see the pictures above.

So it's up to everybody to choose what he/she likes more.
It might not be perfect if you compare with MSFS 2020 (which is not released yet).
But hey, stay fair: if you know a better scenery for Paris and France let us know. And show some screenshots!
I'm always happy to see nice flight sim pictures 🙂

8 minutes ago, PhotoReal Earth said:

So it's up to everybody to choose what he/she likes more.
It might not be perfect if you compare with MSFS 2020 (which is not released yet).
But hey, stay fair: if you know a better scenery for Paris and France let us know. And show some screenshots!
I'm always happy to see nice flight sim pictures 🙂

You're absolutely right Torsten my friend, to each his own.  I don't compare it with anything like FS20. I just say that I don't like what I see (not your shots mind you, the addon). The fact that there is no better-looking Paris and Ile-de-France does not make me love it better 😋. I posted recently four threads of pics, only a couple of them were in France (Barcelonnette and Propriano). I tend to avoid flying in places that I know too well. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, domkle said:

. I tend to avoid flying in places that I know too well. 

So you are still using landclass sceneries? 😉

Oh, I love flying over places I know well.
I love to fly over my home region or where I've been in holidays.
In good photoreal sceneries everything is exactly like in reality.
You can even see the lines on a soccer field:
5gpVuX9.jpg

When I fly over these well known regions, I visit the towns of my parents and grandparents, my uncles and aunts, cousins, nephews and nieces. I pick them up with a helicopter at a local soccer field or a parking lot nearby and we make a virtual flight over the surroundings. It's such a pleasure!

Are there any soccer fields in landclass sceneries? Are there any parking lots / car parks in landclass sceneries? I've never seen them.

I also love to discover new regions with flight sim 🛩️
You can get good photoreal sceneries from so many regions. 

Edit: by the way, the last screenshot with the soccer field is France VFR - Scenes Photo HD.

7 hours ago, PhotoReal Earth said:

NOTE:
Sorry, I don't know if it's allowed to post the same pictures in Aerosoft forum and here on AvSim forum.
And if allowed, I think it's not a very good idea to post them at the same time.

It’s allowed that you post your photos here and anywhere you like. It doesn’t make any difference to us at Avsim where you post outside of here.

It also doesn’t make any difference if you post them at the same time across multiple forums.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator