Sign in to follow this  
Wlloydy98

Calling all people with a knowledge of computers

Hello,

I am looking to get back into flight simulator x and am looking for a new pc below £600 to run it. I will be running it in 1080p with all the scenery and a few adds ons.

Will this computer  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F383162392681 do the trick or will it be be too slow??

any help would be greatly appreciated 

Don't see why it wouldn't work!  By the way, I fixed your link so it would work!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think you will need a significantly larger SSD if you plan to install P3D on it. My P3D folder is 256 Gb in size and that only has a few add-ons in it. The remainder is in other folders and drives. Any SSDs that are almost filled up are slower than ones that aren't.  See https://pureinfotech.com/why-solid-state-drive-ssd-performance-slows-down/

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

The computer you are considering will work very well for running FSX, but keep in mind that FSX is better in its Steam (Dovetail) incarnation than the original MS version, so if you don't have that version it would be worth getting it (Currently the Steam Edition of FSX is £19.99, but it frequently goes on sale for about a fiver on holidays, so look out for an Easter discount).

Bear in mind that even the fastest computer in the world will eventually run out of memory with FSX, since it can only assign a limited amount of RAM (4Gb) with it being a 32 Bit program and there is nothing which can be done about that. That means the computer you are thinking of getting will be more than adequate for running FSX with as many add-ons as you can get away with until it falls over with an Out Of Memory issue, but you will be able to run a lot of stuff before than happens.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Wlloydy98 said:

Hello,

I am looking to get back into flight simulator x and am looking for a new pc below £600 to run it. I will be running it in 1080p with all the scenery and a few adds ons.

Will this computer  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F383162392681 do the trick or will it be be too slow??

any help would be greatly appreciated 

To be honest @Wlloydy98,  I would encourage you to wait a little longer for Microsoft's up and coming newest simulator, in case you haven't heard: MFS2020. Main time, save yourself a few dollars more for a way better experience.

Troy

• Upvote 1

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I would check this out go to ccl computers online store none are showing 4.25ghz.

I would also check out delivery, gaming PC do not fall into essential trading under the present lockdown and may be restricted. Amazon don't class PC parts as essential and may be delayed.  

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

I would also check out delivery, gaming PC do not fall into essential trading under the present lockdown and may be restricted.

Why? If the company is still trading online, unless I've just missed it somewhere, I'm not aware of any restriction on what you can have delivered. I had a bunch of craft bits and pieces delivered the other day and they hardly qualified as "essential".

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Its not about online it`s employers have a safe working environment that why some online company's have closed.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am still using my I5-2500K with a gtx 1060 and have no trouble flying p3d, xplane, or fsx at very acceptable settings. The trick is to find one that can easily overclock to 4.5 ghz natively, with air cooling.

tc