Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Wright

simMarket : 1 Giveaway, 1 Day, Every Day

3 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

This program does not install for me. It basically says I have an invalid character in my P3DV4 path...

I have the same problem... I reckon that this product is free for an unlimited time (at least there's no end date for this free offer on the SimMarket product page), but still, it would be nice to find a solution to the problem...

wzJJEW3.jpg

Blah...

Edited by Eeros
there was no text

Fun! I used to live in Chengdu, and I visited that airport when it was being built just to get away from the smog. So wild to see it in the sim. The did a good job.

Next freebie for the day is Simcreations - Rennes Airport LFRN - FSX/P3D

https://secure.simmarket.com/simcreations-rennes-airport-lfrn-fsxp3d.phtml

Rennes St Jacques airport is an international plateform located in Britanny region in the west part of France. This airport is serviced by european airlines like Vueling or Air France everyday. The 2 concrete runways allow this airport to also receive general aviation. Star Air (Maersk) come with a B767 everyday during the week on this 2100m runway.

• Like 1

Cancelled as already mentioned above.

Note - iniBuilds.com offers dynamic lighting for this airport!

😀

Edited by Hauer

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

2 hours ago, Hauer said:

Cancelled as already mentioned above.

Note - iniBuilds.com offers dynamic lighting for this airport!

😀

Yes, but I must admit that this airport (and also some others that were available for free or at a large discount in the past weeks) is almost of the kind which I wouldn't even want as freeware. That kind of modelling looks very basic and like a FSX freeware scenery from ten years ago. But thanks for the heads-up about the dynamic lighting by iniBuilds! Maybe it's worth giving it a try with the dynamic lighting, since the user review at simMarket mentioned the almost non-existing night lighting in the actual scenery.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

Yes, but I must admit that this airport (and also some others that were available for free or at a large discount in the past weeks) is almost of the kind which I wouldn't even want as freeware. That kind of modelling looks very basic and like a FSX freeware scenery from ten years ago. But thanks for the heads-up about the dynamic lighting by iniBuilds! Maybe it's worth giving it a try with the dynamic lighting, since the user review at simMarket mentioned the almost non-existing night lighting in the actual scenery.

The pics look like they came from fs9. I never judge by pics. P3D 4 makes any airport look better. It's free! Install it and see how it looks on your system.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, FWAviation said:

I’m a bargain hunter, so i acquired this airport.

But I think your comment is unfair to 2010-era FSX freeware builders. Looks more like FS graphics from my C64 simming days.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

The pics look like they came from fs9. I never judge by pics. P3D 4 makes any airport look better. It's free! Install it and see how it looks on your system.

Yes, I did - in the end, it's free. 😉 And I think it looks okay, even if it is for sure not the technologically most advanced scenery I ever had. 😉 I guess that P3Dv4 really makes some airports look better than on the screenshots. Together with the iniBuilds dynamic lighting set, it is fairly decent if you just want to have an additional airport to make a hop to.

Edited by FWAviation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilipN said:

Anyone know what today's giveaway is?

I believe there is none today, surprisingly. The "Gratis" section at simMarket doesn't list any new entry. You can always recognise the daily giveaway product by the countdown clock displayed next to the product. The "eternal" giveaway products don't have that clock.