Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Wright

simMarket : 1 Giveaway, 1 Day, Every Day

I think it is very effective commercial. Digital Design was completely unknown to me and now I'm following them. Justsim was another example and I'm sure I'll be purchasing from them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Maybe some people just have good hearts and sometimes enjoy sharing and making people's days? 🙂

It would be nice, but since this all is a business, I look at it a bit a more matter-of-factly. 😉

40 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Maybe some people just have good hearts and sometimes enjoy sharing and making people's days? 🙂

Some people do have a heart, but some utilize this as a sales gambit in order to "create an obligation."

The fact is that no good human being wants to take advantage of someone's generosity. I've been a great customer for years from the days of FS9 doing what I could to support most add-on devs. I know that I'm NOT the only one.

It's really nice that some devs or sellers have the decency to finally give something back to the buyer. 

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

And it's the second giveaway product by Digital Design within just a few days, after St. Petersburg Pulkovo, and if one wants to include JustSim's Vnukovo (which, I believe, was developed in cooperation with Digital Design), it's even the third time. Very generous indeed. That makes me wonder what the thinking behind this is - does Digital Design have such great sales numbers that they can dare to be so generous? Or is it some kind of marketing strategy? It's particularly interesting because other (especially bigger) developers like FlyTampa or FSDreamTeam have no giveaways or even sales at all in this crisis. Aerosoft also only has sales, but no giveaway right now - and I would think that it would hurt them the least if they gave away at least one of their older sceneries for free.

Aerosoft had Praque for a modest 5€ 

3 minutes ago, tktheo93 said:

Aerosoft had Praque for a modest 5€ 

That's true, but I would still count that as "sale" and not as "giveaway". There are some rather ancient sceneries on Aerosoft's shelves where it would probably not have hurt if they had offered them for free or at least at a comparably large discount. But this also applies to some products from other developers. I also forgot to mention FSDG which has a large portfolio and until now, has not offered any kind of discount during this crisis.

True. I think they are being clever though. I never thought much about their sceneries, their EGGP seemed pretty neat, but when the Justsim sale was on and their EBBR was EUR6 I grabbed it. I don't really like the way Justsim work, but the scenery they created really impressed me and now they have my attention. I'm happy to buy a Digital Design scenery if it's an airport I want. It's kinda like free marketing with bonus PR and brownie points 🙂 

That said, I'm confident that they're big-hearted people as well!

Also, a free FSDG Lite would be nice.

Oh and Flightbeam KSFO... Well you can always dream 😁 

Edited by Canine Crew
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Aerosoft also only has sales, but no giveaway right now - and I would think that it would hurt them the least if they gave away at least one of their older sceneries for free.

Is Aerosoft Prague X scenery for lousy 5 bucks some sort of giveaway??  Also,  Aerosoft gives away free sceneries to Vatsim events many times. Aerosoft is giant company and they need money to keep it running.

• Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg

FSDG... I used to love them. Had over 200€ worth of their products on FSX-SE

Then came the day of P3DV4... All normal fsx users got free updates. I got a "We are sorry, u can buy them again". 

No No No. I rather spend my buck on those who offered me a modest 20% upgrade fee. Thank You Vidan. Still love you.

Back on topic. Fly Tampa has more sales than FSDG these days?!? What has happened to FSDG. They are top notch, don't get me wrong. If there was a day with a FSDG -40% sale, I would buy out their catalogue. True that. 

Digital Design are Smart. Even before these gestures that melted my heart, they had gotten my attention. Also top notch.

Theo

Edited by tktheo93
  • Like 1

Delete.  Sorry.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

12 hours ago, FWAviation said:

And it's the second giveaway product by Digital Design within just a few days, after St. Petersburg Pulkovo, and if one wants to include JustSim's Vnukovo (which, I believe, was developed in cooperation with Digital Design), it's even the third time. Very generous indeed. That makes me wonder what the thinking behind this is - does Digital Design have such great sales numbers that they can dare to be so generous? Or is it some kind of marketing strategy? It's particularly interesting because other (especially bigger) developers like FlyTampa or FSDreamTeam have no giveaways or even sales at all in this crisis. Aerosoft also only has sales, but no giveaway right now - and I would think that it would hurt them the least if they gave away at least one of their older sceneries for free.

Probably marketing strategy to remind simmers they also have reasonable quality software too. But in regards to sales from bigger developers at least the likes of FlyTampa, FSDT, Flightbeam and LatinVFR (who currently have a sale 35% off) have had specials over the 2019 black friday/xmas break, unlike other devs who for quite some time now (over 15 months) not even offered a small discount. So considering even the very tight PMDG have offered a recent sale in this time of health and financial uncertainty, it makes it even harder to believe the likes of Imaginesim and FSDG offering no saving at all, not even for a day....i know they don't have to discount anything, but all the same its quite disappointing when many others have.

So support those others like i do as priority with your spare cash, they deserve it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Notepad.

good for making notes 📝 

cough-cough 

of the drybreads out there 🍞 🥖

cough..Sorry 😷 

get your seeds in now, reap what you sow 

many have great yields to come...others have a drought coming

IMO, A2A simulations are numero uno ATM

Luke Pype

Have to agree with the comments above about FSDG and a few other "stingy" ones. While there may very well be a "hidden" advertising motive behind some of the free offerings, it is overshadowed by the massive goodwill gesture in my opinion and has definitely attracted my attention to, or swayed my opinion about, several developers.

It is a fantastic initiative by SimMarket and I have also thoroughly made use of the many sales running there at the moment, so they are getting proper payback from me. But I mostly focus on things that are heavily discounted, for example the superb FlyFreeStd aircraft which are on 40%-60% discount (last day today) https://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=flyfreestd

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit