Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Wright

simMarket : 1 Giveaway, 1 Day, Every Day

3 hours ago, rooitou said:

But I mostly focus on things that are heavily discounted, for example the superb FlyFreeStd aircraft which are on 40%-60% discount

This developer seems to have been completely under my radar for years! Could I ask you from your experience what are their aircraft like from a quality viewpoint - systems etc?

Thanks,

Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

This developer seems to have been completely under my radar for years! Could I ask you from your experience what are their aircraft like from a quality viewpoint - systems etc?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill, let me start by saying there is one thing I don't like about FlyFreeStd and that is the separate versions for FSX and P3D4. I generally prefer all-in-one offerings and avoid separate platform versions. However, at the heavily discounted prices, I thought it offered value and first bought one for P3D4 to try out (the Mig-29 first generation). I was so impressed by it that I bought the Su-27 and Su-33 as well and they are all superb.

I used to only fly combat flight sims until about five years ago and a plane must "feel" right and sound right in addition to looking good, otherwise I'm not interested. FlyFreeStd aircraft meet all those criteria for me and the newer releases are very good quality. Having said that, I'm not a detail buff and in DCS World I prefer the Flaming Cliffs aircraft (sim-lite) rather than the study-level aircraft where every knob and dial is clickable and it takes 20 minutes to start. I cannot vouch for that level of detail in FlyFreeStd, but for a "get-in-and-go" experience they are very good.

• Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Hi,

That’s very useful thank you. I agree with your point about devs having separate prices for different platforms but, as you say, the discount prices here may negate that disadvantage. Like you I haven’t got the patience to spend 20 minutes starting up a complex aircraft although I have many of these, A good example of this was the PMDG 747 where I spent a long time when I first got it learning to start it from ‘cold and dark’ but I soon got tired of flicking dozens of switches and haven’t done a ‘cold and dark start’ in this for years! I find I generally opt to load most aircraft in a ready to fly state. I do however like an aircraft to “feel” right and, as you say, this is usually due to a combination of factors (appearance, sounds, flight dynamics and a reasonable level of functioning systems) coming together. Although generally I tend to do more sedate flights, I occasionally like to fly around the sky like a mad thing (!) so I was looking at either the Gripen  or one of the Russian types and at these prices might just give one a go.

Bill

• Like 1

I'm interested too...though I'd want a 'western' cockpit, with Knots and feet rather than these meaningless metres... 😉

I know the Mig29K has an Indian Navy variant with western cockpit - do any of the others?
Cheers
Keith

• Like 1

... And since the newsletter has just come out, we know what the other two days will be as well:
007_simMarket_Giveway06.jpg

Saturday April 25: Ironsim - Vadso Airport for FSX/P3D2 and P3D4 (does NOT include P3D5)
https://secure.simmarket.com/ironsim-vadso-airport-fsxp3d.phtml
https://secure.simmarket.com/ironsim-vadso-airport-p3d4.phtml

Sunday April 26: Davor Puljevic - Croatian Airports for FSX
https://secure.simmarket.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Davor+Puljevic+-+Croatian+Airports

As for the campaign, I really liked it! I mean, it got me as a new customer on their mailing lists and a lot of stuff I otherwise wouldn't of known about. I did buy one of the Justsim 5 deals too, and hey- it got me to finally start interacting here in the forums after lurking in the library since the 2000s!

I suppose that's what the biggest gain to such a campaign would be, exposure to new potential clients, even if its stuff that's from 2011. The generous gifts of the vendors is more rewarding than sales lost in participating IMO.

Anyone know if the campaign is over at the end of the month? Perhaps there will be a "May Day" giveaway too??? 

I don't know if I want to know how many freebees I've missed all this time I wasn't on here. lol.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, keithb77 said:

I'm interested too...though I'd want a 'western' cockpit, with Knots and feet rather than these meaningless metres... 😉

I know the Mig29K has an Indian Navy variant with western cockpit - do any of the others?
Cheers
Keith

Keith, the "Mig-29 first generation" comes in four variants and multiple configurations; (1) export and (2) Polish variants with western imperial instruments and (3) UB and (4) S variants with Russian metric instruments. The configurations vary from single seat to dual seat, unarmed and armed (not usable). You will have a whole bunch of new aircraft in your inventory.

The aircraft are extremely well modelled and textured and look very authentic. I'm quite pedantic about aircraft sound and these Migs sound awesome, the flybys are like airshow quality. Many variants have on-board radar whereby you can see airfields from miles away and track or intercept AI aircraft. The manual is 39 pages long and more than sufficient for me. It even describes how to do the "Cobra maneuver" although I haven't tried it yet.

Unfortunately the FlyFreeStd aircraft are no longer on sale, but they have been on sale twice in the last two months, so perhaps wishlist it and wait a while. I think they owe me a "commission" for my sales pitch over here 🙂

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Yup, should have jumped when I had the chance...but no worries and thanks for the info 🙂

Just in order to confirm, today's freebie is Ironsim's Vadsø scenery:

For FSX and P3Dv2-3: https://secure.simmarket.com/ironsim-vadso-airport-fsxp3d.phtml

For P3Dv4: https://secure.simmarket.com/ironsim-vadso-airport-p3d4.phtml

For all early adopters, please note that there's also a P3Dv5 version available, but it's not included in the giveaway: https://secure.simmarket.com/ironsim-vadso-airport-p3d5.phtml You could "buy" the FSX or P3Dv4 version though and then get the P3Dv5 version for an upgrade price of 5 euros (excluding VAT).

Edited by FWAviation
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

That‘s funny. I „purchased“ it about seven hours ago ...

It now says "Notify when product is Available" where the "Add to Cart" option normally appears. Perhaps they ran out of registration keys or something. Hopefully it will be available later.

It happened earlier this month with another giveaway as well, the SimworkStudios F-4B/N Phantom. But they corrected it later with free access for a few consecutive days if I remember correctly.

Thanks to the devleoper for making it available.

I downloaded Croatian Airports late Saturday so perhaps that particular sale is finished.  

I had to uninstall the program as it has/had heavy tarmac flickering.  I used it in conjunction with Orbx Global LC and FSX/A..

Edited by kttd

Looking at Simmarket now.   Won't let add me add Croatian airports to my cart yet. Hopefully I can still get it!  I keep refreshing the page!!

Airbus

• Like 1

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.