Sign in to follow this  
Redeye1

Brakes ineffective [resolved]

I recently started using LINDA and can't believe I waited this long...it's great!  I followed all the directions for proper install and everything worked fine....until today.  My brakes, which are controlled by a button on my yoke, are completely ineffective.  They still work, but, for instance on landing, I run off the end of the runway as they no longer assist in slowing the aircraft.  Side note, and I know I'm not supposed to do it, but if I set up the brakes in FSUIPC, (sending them to FS Control, just as I do in LINDA), they work just fine.  I hope this is enough information in order to get some suggestions as to how to fix the problem.

Edited by ScotFlieger

LINDA is good for most key/button based functions but has limitations. It is not good for continuous inputs (like brakes) and FSUIPC button handling is recommended.
The reason is that you need to assign the function to both the OnPress and OnRepeat actions. It held for more than several seconds the OnRepeat trigger handling (implemented in the slower speed LUA code) can become overloaded and will time out. The button has to be released and reapplied to become effective again.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

5 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

LINDA is good for most key/button based functions but has limitations. It is not good for continuous inputs (like brakes) and FSUIPC button handling is recommended.
The reason is that you need to assign the function to both the OnPress and OnRepeat actions. It held for more than several seconds the OnRepeat trigger handling (implemented in the slower speed LUA code) can become overloaded and will time out. The button has to be released and reapplied to become effective again.

Thank you Scot for the explanation.  I'll continue to use FSUIPC for that particular function.

Regards,

Redeye

Edited by ScotFlieger