Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

AMD wipes the floor (again) with Intel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

It's all about the IPC with us flight sim people though, at least right now.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Now I want to see some videos with P3D4 and that Ryzen 9

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Ford is better than Chevy. Ferrari is better that Lamborghini. And Sophia is better looking than Gina. So there!

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

17 hours ago, W2DR said:

And Sophia is better looking than Gina

Pictures? 😉

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

18 hours ago, W2DR said:

Ford is better than Chevy. Ferrari is better that Lamborghini. And Sophia is better looking than Gina. So there!

I thought that is was: Ford is better than Ferrari  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Bert

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I thought that is was: Ford is better than Ferrari  :biggrin:

I can tell you've never driven a Ferrari. If you ever go to Monaco take the opportunity to drive the F1 course in a Ferrari (not cheap but it's available). That will change your mind....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

6 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Pictures? 😉

If you need pictures you've never seen Sophia.............

10 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I can tell you've never driven a Ferrari. If you ever go to Monaco take the opportunity to drive the F1 course in a Ferrari (not cheap but it's available). That will change your mind....

.. not seen the movie? :unsure:

Bert

Do you mean Ford v. Ferrari? Yes, I've seen it several times. I love that movie. I've talked with Carroll Shelby a couple time over the years. I was the fuel man for Ed Leslie's Shelby Cobra team in the early 1960's. I even owned a Shelby 500 Mustang for a while (marriage ended that). I drove Chuck Weber's Berlinetti Boxer for a few laps around Laguna Seca and that was one of the greatest memories of my life. As I said, you really need to drive a Ferrari........Stay safe.........

• Like 2

The problem for AMD is not how good there product is but numbers,  they have never had more than 20% of the market and now they don't have there own FAB supply will hold them back, as most third party FABs are working flat out for mobile hardware that's growing faster than PC hardware.

PS and Game console hardware that`s taking priority at the moment for AMD. 

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

16 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

The problem for AMD is not how good there product is but numbers,  they have never had more than 20% of the market and now they don't have there own FAB supply will hold them back, as most third party FABs are working flat out for mobile hardware that's growing faster than PC hardware.

PS and Game console hardware that`s taking priority at the moment for AMD. 

I wonder what percentage of the market AMD had back in the days of their FX57 cpu.  That thing was a great cpu for flight sims. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 hours ago, Mace said:

I wonder what percentage of the market AMD had back in the days of their FX57 cpu.  That thing was a great cpu for flight sims. 

I used AMD Sapphire back in early 2000 when it was the fastest but more expensive than Intel, but even then it never had more than 20%, they had their own FABs back then then Intel took over and they sold the FABs, to get to 50% even,it would take billions of investment in new FABs, big risk PC hardware market shrinking motherboard sales down Q4 2019.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg