Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

AMD wipes the floor (again) with Intel

Woohoo, new PC build time is coming (end of year) and a new AMD Ryzen, motherboard with PCI 4 and NVidia 3000 series GFX sound like just what I want for Christmas 🙂

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Once MSFS is out and the dust settles a bit, I will build a new PC.  I've had Intel's for a long time but the AMD's are beckoning.  Is there any logic to assuming that, since the new X-Box will have AMD components that the new sim will be optimized for those as well?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

22 hours ago, ricka47 said:

Is there any logic to assuming that, since the new X-Box will have AMD components that the new sim will be optimized for those as well?

I don’t think so - at least not specifically for AMD. A report at the end of 2019 (https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/amd-vs-intel-cpu-market-share-q4-2019-epyc-and-ryzen-growth-decelerate-mobile-ryzen-up) put AMD’s share of the desktop market at just 18%. I can’t see how MS would ignore the 82% using Intel. Ryzen are certainly becoming more popular but still have a very long way to go to match Intel’s sales for desktops.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

32 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

I don’t think so - at least not specifically for AMD. A report at the end of 2019 (https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/amd-vs-intel-cpu-market-share-q4-2019-epyc-and-ryzen-growth-decelerate-mobile-ryzen-up) put AMD’s share of the desktop market at just 18%. I can’t see how MS would ignore the 82% using Intel. Ryzen are certainly becoming more popular but still have a very long way to go to match Intel’s sales for desktops.

Good point - thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Check out the 10th gen review I posted the Asus Z490 MB`s with ram/cash software for streaming to help with games low latency, what game may benefit from that, the guy from Intel gave some facts about the new 10th gen and the guy from Asus saying that now you can turn HT on or off per cores instead of all cores.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg