Sign in to follow this  
ShortFinal

The very best addons for FS2004

hello all. I am requesting your support for my next video. I am trying to compile a list of THE VERY BEST addons for FS2004. Freeware or Payware, what are the best? try and do it in four categories. 

Aircraft

Scenery

Utilities

Other (textures etc.)

I look forward to seeing what this can bring up. it can be payware, but specify if it is or not. also specify how many addon libraries are needed to make it work. thanks! 

When FS2004 was the latest release, I spent a lot of time flying the LevelD 767, the fully fubctional FMC was a game changer, I can't recall any of the other categories you list as having any memorable releases that stuck in my mind

steve southey

Dreamfleet 727.   I hung on to FS9 for years after FSX was launched because of this plane.

• Upvote 1

If you see the FS2004 forum, 3 of the 4 first stickies are exactly about this.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

If you see the FS2004 forum, 3 of the 4 first stickies are exactly about this.

I have gone through those and saw so many, hence "best of the best" what is the ONE addon that you have used that is way above the rest. freeware and payware. the lists are just too many to cover in a video

Bill Lyons Plane packages

Anything from Milton

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The list is endless but I will stick to some addons I appreciate:

Aircraft: QW757, iFly 737, Pmdg MD-11

Scnery: Anything from FSdreamteam (especially KLAX, KLAS, KDFW, KORD, KFLL, Taxi2gate MIA, Flightbeam SFO, PDX from Flightzone, Almost everything from FlyTampa (especially KBOS, KBUF and TPA rebooted) 

Utilities, I use REX, UTusa, GEpro. Pilots weather.

It would be nice if we had some suggestions from the low 'n slow prop guys who fly by the seat of their pants to unusual places, real & fictional.

There are a huge bunch of us that do not fly PMDG or such like.

Lets here from the non procedural guys, for want of a better description.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 4/1/2020 at 3:37 AM, lzamm said:

Dreamfleet 727.   I hung on to FS9 for years after FSX was launched because of this plane.

Indeed. This and the RFP 747 are the only birds I've been unable to replace in FSX. Other birds have FSX versions (iFly, QW, Feelthere E-jets) or had something better that replaces them (PMDG 777 vs PSS, Aerosoft and FSL Airbus vs Wilco and PSS ones, etc).

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Without a doubt the best addition to FS9 (and FSX too, come to that) must be Ultimate Terrain Canada and US. UT turns random scenery into something that matches a chart of the area you fly over (rivers, shapes and sizes of lakes, etc) and turns FS9 a into flight simulator that includes vfr navigation, instead of just being a game.

Hi.

Being a devotee of props, I'd opt for Captain Sim's C-130, particularly the J variant. Low and slow, if not particularly small. Unless it has a yellow inop sticker on it, everything in the cockpit works (and has the desired effect - not just moving dummy switches). Sadly, the installer is not compatible with Win 10. Happily, I've just acquired a new XP machine purely for FS9 and said plane.

Without a doubt, the best utility is FSUIPC, without which a whole raft of other utilities simply wouldn't work.

For scenery, I'm at a loss unless it's Fulvio Mazokkan's photoscenery covering the whole of Italy. Because it's payware quality (no, really) and it's free in the library here. Big downloads...

D

FSNavigator.

Jim

CYWG

Hi,

For me Real Air Simulations Spitfire  (probably some of their other offerings).

The MAAM Sim offerings,  DC3 Aircraft along with their  excellent B25 Mitchell.

Good Luck! Stay Safe.

Blue.

• Like 1